- 3 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 7 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- 1 day ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan Reacts To Rumours On Kurup Star Cast; Says It's Unfair To The Fans Of Our Stars
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
MINI India has announced a detailed sales report for the year 2020. According to the sales report, the company has delivered 512 cars in the calendar year 2020. The company has also posted its best-ever quarter in Q4 of 2020 between October and December.
Mini car sales grew by 34 per cent in the last quarter of the calendar year 2020 as compared to the same period in the year 2019. The company also registered its highest-ever monthly sales in December 2020 in the country.
Out of the total car sales in the Indian market, the locally produced Mini Countryman contributed to a majority share of over 40 per cent. The iconic Mini hatchback model contributed 33 per cent, while the Mini Convertible contributed over 23 per cent to the overall sales in the year 2020 in India.
The company also introduced four new Limited Edition Models last year. This includes the Mini Clubman Indian Summer Red Edition, the Mini 60 Years Edition, the Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition and the Mini John Cooper Works GP Inspired. According to the company, three of the above-mentioned Limited Edition Models were exclusively launched online and were sold out within a few days in the country.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the need for a contactless and digital sales process, the company launched an online retail platform. Customers could book their desired Mini cars right from the comfort of their homes.
The online shop also lets customers explore the entire range, configure a model of their choice, locate the nearest dealer, request for a test drive or quotation, calculate the equated monthly instalments (EMI) of their desired Mini.
MINI is now seen as a successfully premium small car brand in the country. The company currently offers a host of models. These include the Mini three-door hatchback, Mini John Cooper Works hatchback, Mini Convertible and the locally produced Mini Countryman.
Additionally, the company has expanded its offline retail shop presence in the country. MINI now has established nine authorized dealerships in Delhi NCR, Pune, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Mr Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "MINI was born out of a crisis. It's a bold and daring brand that is authentic, inventive and optimistic by nature. It brings people and communities together even in the most extraordinary times. And in an unprecedented year, it has proven this once again. MINI India increased its overall segment share and grew by 34% in the last quarter, which is commendable in the current scenario."
He further added, "True to its genes, MINI managed to innovate and adapt swiftly by offering a complete online journey to its customers with the introduction of the MINI Online Shop. From here on, MINI will continue to gather momentum and serve its customers with products and experiences that are progressive and unique."
Thoughts About Mini India Car Sales In The Year 2020
Despite the massive auto slowdown and the Covid-19 pandemic in the year 2020, Mini has overcome the challenges to post an excellent last quarter in sales. The demand for premium-luxury cars is growing in India with Mini offering a host of models to choose for the buyers in the segment.