- 32 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Movies Salman Khan Says Drugs Angle In Radhe Was Shot Before B-Town Drug Probe; 'I've Always Been Against Drugs'
- Lifestyle COVID-19: Govt Releases List Of 15 Crucial Preventive Practices Against COVID
- News Why has the Lankan MP’s links to Kasargod come under the ambit of the Indian agencies
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Mini Cooper has launched a special edition of the Mini 3-door hatch in India. This special edition is the Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition and it carries a price tag of Rs 41,70,000 ex-showroom (pan India). This car will be offered as a Completely Built-Up unit (CBU). Furthermore, only 15 units are available and can be booked through the company's website.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "The MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition is a reflection of MINI's challenger spirit and racing genes. It is a celebration of the ultimate MINI challenger moment - Paddy Hopkirk's first Monte Carlo Rally victory in the classic Mini Cooper S. The winning streak at the Monte Carlo Rally continues to inspire MINI fans all over the world to this day. We are delighted to start the New Year with the launch of the MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition, an icon of international motorsports history."
In 1964, the classic Mini Cooper S secured the first of three victories at the legendary Monte Carlo Rally with 30-year-old Northern Irish rally driver Patrick "Paddy" Hopkirk at the wheel. He was driving the iconic No. 37 Red Mini Cooper S. In tribute to the racing legend and his victory of the Monte Carlo Rally, the company brings back the iconic No. 37.
This limited-edition model comes with a special Chili Red livery with an Aspen White roof, black mirror covers and 16-inch Victory spoke light-weight alloys. Other bits include Piano black finished body parts for the bonnet scoop, door handles, fuel filler cap, waistline finisher, Mini emblems and kidney grille strut. Lastly, the car also gets a No. 37 sticker in white on either side and badging on the side scuttles and keycap.
Powering this pocket rocket is the 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol unit that pumps out 188 bhp of max power and a peak torque output of 280 Nm. This mini is capable of accelerating from 0 to100 km/h in 6.7 seconds and achieves an electronically-limited top speed of 235 km/h.
Thoughts About The Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition
The new Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition is a very exclusive limited-version model, paying tribute rally driver Patrick "Paddy" Hopkirk. With only 15 units entering the country, it will for sure be an extremely rare and unique addition to a garage.