- 11 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 21 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 23 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- News Karnataka Congress deletes 'illiterate Narendra Modi' tweet, DKS regrets language
- Finance Banks To Remain Shut For 5 Days From Today This Week: Details Inside
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Movies Vijay Deverakonda Says Ananya Panday Has Done A Splendid Job In Liger; 'Everyone Is Going To Love Her'
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Sports Giannis braced for Durant battle in Bucks-Nets opener: Nobody in this world can slow down KD
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Mini Cooper has launched a special edition of the Mini 3-door hatch in India. This special edition is the Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition and it carries a price tag of Rs 41,70,000 ex-showroom (pan India). This car will be offered as a Completely Built-Up unit (CBU). Furthermore, only 15 units are available and can be booked through the company's website.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "The MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition is a reflection of MINI's challenger spirit and racing genes. It is a celebration of the ultimate MINI challenger moment - Paddy Hopkirk's first Monte Carlo Rally victory in the classic Mini Cooper S. The winning streak at the Monte Carlo Rally continues to inspire MINI fans all over the world to this day. We are delighted to start the New Year with the launch of the MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition, an icon of international motorsports history."
In 1964, the classic Mini Cooper S secured the first of three victories at the legendary Monte Carlo Rally with 30-year-old Northern Irish rally driver Patrick "Paddy" Hopkirk at the wheel. He was driving the iconic No. 37 Red Mini Cooper S. In tribute to the racing legend and his victory of the Monte Carlo Rally, the company brings back the iconic No. 37.
This limited-edition model comes with a special Chili Red livery with an Aspen White roof, black mirror covers and 16-inch Victory spoke light-weight alloys. Other bits include Piano black finished body parts for the bonnet scoop, door handles, fuel filler cap, waistline finisher, Mini emblems and kidney grille strut. Lastly, the car also gets a No. 37 sticker in white on either side and badging on the side scuttles and keycap.
Powering this pocket rocket is the 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol unit that pumps out 188 bhp of max power and a peak torque output of 280 Nm. This mini is capable of accelerating from 0 to100 km/h in 6.7 seconds and achieves an electronically-limited top speed of 235 km/h.
Thoughts About The Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition
The new Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition is a very exclusive limited-version model, paying tribute rally driver Patrick "Paddy" Hopkirk. With only 15 units entering the country, it will for sure be an extremely rare and unique addition to a garage.