- 20 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 2 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- News Declare Marathi-speaking Karnataka-Maharashtra border areas as UT: Uddhav
- Finance Sensex Ends 937 Points Lower; Nifty Below 14,000 For The First Time Since 4 Jan
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna’s Eyeliner-Free Glossy Make-Up Will Soon Be Your Go-To Party Look
- Technology How To Download FAUG On PC? What Rating Has FAUG Received?
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Violence At Protesting Farmers' Tractor Rally: Did My Best To Avoid This But I Failed
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Mini Cooper has launched a special edition of the Mini 3-door hatch in India. This special edition is the Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition and it carries a price tag of Rs 41,70,000 ex-showroom (pan India). This car will be offered as a Completely Built-Up unit (CBU). Furthermore, only 15 units are available and can be booked through the company's website.
Vikram Pawah, President, BMW Group India said, "The MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition is a reflection of MINI's challenger spirit and racing genes. It is a celebration of the ultimate MINI challenger moment - Paddy Hopkirk's first Monte Carlo Rally victory in the classic Mini Cooper S. The winning streak at the Monte Carlo Rally continues to inspire MINI fans all over the world to this day. We are delighted to start the New Year with the launch of the MINI Paddy Hopkirk Edition, an icon of international motorsports history."
In 1964, the classic Mini Cooper S secured the first of three victories at the legendary Monte Carlo Rally with 30-year-old Northern Irish rally driver Patrick "Paddy" Hopkirk at the wheel. He was driving the iconic No. 37 Red Mini Cooper S. In tribute to the racing legend and his victory of the Monte Carlo Rally, the company brings back the iconic No. 37.
This limited-edition model comes with a special Chili Red livery with an Aspen White roof, black mirror covers and 16-inch Victory spoke light-weight alloys. Other bits include Piano black finished body parts for the bonnet scoop, door handles, fuel filler cap, waistline finisher, Mini emblems and kidney grille strut. Lastly, the car also gets a No. 37 sticker in white on either side and badging on the side scuttles and keycap.
Powering this pocket rocket is the 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol unit that pumps out 188 bhp of max power and a peak torque output of 280 Nm. This mini is capable of accelerating from 0 to100 km/h in 6.7 seconds and achieves an electronically-limited top speed of 235 km/h.
Thoughts About The Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition
The new Mini Paddy Hopkirk Edition is a very exclusive limited-version model, paying tribute rally driver Patrick "Paddy" Hopkirk. With only 15 units entering the country, it will for sure be an extremely rare and unique addition to a garage.