- 6 hrs ago BMW 5 Series Facelift To Be Launched In India On 24 June With New Features & Updated Design
- 13 hrs ago Revolt RV400 Prices Dropped By Rs 28,200: Bookings Reopen From June 18
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Launched In India At Rs 2.17 Crore
- 16 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Variants & Engine Options Leaked Ahead Of India Launch On June 28: Details
- Technology Flipkart Infinix Days Sale: Discount Offers On Infinix Smart 4 Plus, Infinix Hot 10, Infinix Note 10 And More
- Movies Sherni Movie Review: Vidya Balan Dodges A Few Misfires & Rules The Kingdom With Her Adroit Performance
- Sports Denmark 1-2 Belgium: De Bruyne drags Red Devils into Euro 2020 knockout stages
- News Coronavirus cases: 'Delta Plus' variant of coronavirus found in Madhya Pradesh
- Finance Stocks To Be In News Or Buy On Friday, June 18
- Education Indian IT Companies To Cut 3 Million Jobs By 2022 : Report
- Lifestyle Shiv Rudrashtakam Stotram Lyrics In English And Sanskrit
- Travel 10 Best Wildlife Sanctuaries To Visit In India In Monsoon
MG has taken the wraps off the MG6 XPower, the new car is the high-performance variant based on the 2nd generation MG6 sedan. With this new high-performance variant of the MG6 sedan, MG has brought back the 'XPower' badge after almost 16 years.
For reference, MG's ‘XPower' is what an ‘AMG' is to Mercedes-Benz. The XPower badge was incorporated by MG after acquiring Qvale, a small and independent Italian car manufacturer.
So in a sense, the new MG6 XPower is half British and half Italian but sponsored by a rich Chinese businessman.
The Italian genes are evident in the way the new MG6 XPower looks, nothing about the exterior is subtle. For a start, the exterior comes in a rather eye-catching glossy dark green shade, then there is the exterior design itself with flared wheel arches, aggressive front bumpers with two thin rectangular slots above the grille to feed more air, a huge carbon fibre rear wing and an equally imposing diffuser.
However, the same flamboyance is not mimicked on the interior-the British genes do come into play here. The interior looks sharp and simple with clean lines and minimal clutter. The interior also shows two large displays, one for the instrumentation and the other one for the large touchscreen infotainment system.
The MG6 XPower produces an impressive 305bhp and 405Nm using a combination of a highly-strung 1.5-litre turbocharged engine and a high power permanent magnet synchronous motor.
The whole power unit is mated to an advanced 10-Speed ED intelligent electric dive gearbox, enabling the MG6 XPower to transfer all its 305hp efficiently onto the tarmac for a sub-6 second sprint to 100km/h from a standstill.
Thoughts On MG6 XPower Being Unveiled
The MG6 XPower seems thoroughly developed and tested. For a relatively new team in the company, the engineers have done a tremendous job. It is in many ways a homage to MG's motorsport history and is a job well done.