- 14 hrs ago Tata Punch Variants And Colour Options Leaked; Launch Likely To Be On October 4th
- 17 hrs ago New Force Gurkha Prices Revealed; Prices Start From Rs 13.59 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago MG Astor To Be Launched In Early October; Will Be Available In 7 Trim Levels
- 2 days ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021 Discounts On Tecno Smartphones
- Lifestyle Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Sports IPL 2021, KKR vs DC Stats and Records preview: Dinesh Karthik closes in on milestones
- Finance Government Second Half Borrowing Calendar Sticks To The Script
- News 'Pak's remarks on J&K reflect paranoid state of mind': India at UNHRC
- Movies Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 Motion Poster: Kartik Aaryan Gears Up To Give Us Some Chills & Laughs
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
- Education JNVST Result 2021 Declared For Class 6 And Class 11, Check Result Link
MG has taken the wraps off the MG6 XPower, the new car is the high-performance variant based on the 2nd generation MG6 sedan. With this new high-performance variant of the MG6 sedan, MG has brought back the 'XPower' badge after almost 16 years.
For reference, MG's ‘XPower' is what an ‘AMG' is to Mercedes-Benz. The XPower badge was incorporated by MG after acquiring Qvale, a small and independent Italian car manufacturer.
So in a sense, the new MG6 XPower is half British and half Italian but sponsored by a rich Chinese businessman.
The Italian genes are evident in the way the new MG6 XPower looks, nothing about the exterior is subtle. For a start, the exterior comes in a rather eye-catching glossy dark green shade, then there is the exterior design itself with flared wheel arches, aggressive front bumpers with two thin rectangular slots above the grille to feed more air, a huge carbon fibre rear wing and an equally imposing diffuser.
However, the same flamboyance is not mimicked on the interior-the British genes do come into play here. The interior looks sharp and simple with clean lines and minimal clutter. The interior also shows two large displays, one for the instrumentation and the other one for the large touchscreen infotainment system.
The MG6 XPower produces an impressive 305bhp and 405Nm using a combination of a highly-strung 1.5-litre turbocharged engine and a high power permanent magnet synchronous motor.
The whole power unit is mated to an advanced 10-Speed ED intelligent electric dive gearbox, enabling the MG6 XPower to transfer all its 305hp efficiently onto the tarmac for a sub-6 second sprint to 100km/h from a standstill.
Thoughts On MG6 XPower Being Unveiled
The MG6 XPower seems thoroughly developed and tested. For a relatively new team in the company, the engineers have done a tremendous job. It is in many ways a homage to MG's motorsport history and is a job well done.