- 15 hrs ago MG Hector & Hector Plus Prices Increase In April — Third Price Hike In 2021
- 1 day ago KTM RC 390 Discontinued In India & Removed From Website: Next-Gen Coming Soon
- 1 day ago Bajaj Platina & CT Motorcycle Line-Up Receives Second Price Hike This Year: Here’s The New Price List
- 1 day ago 2021 Benelli 302R Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Features New Design & Lesser Weight
- Sports IPL 2021: Been playing spin since childhood, so in a way, it's in my blood: Player-of-the-match Nitish Rana
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Praises Aishwarya Rai Bachchan For Teaching Aaradhya 'What It Means To Be A Bachchan'
- News More Cooch Behar-like killings possible if 'naughty boys' try to take law into their hands, says Dilip Ghosh
- Finance Jana Small Finance Bank Revises Fixed Deposit Interest Rates: Check Latest Rates Here
- Lifestyle Baisakhi 2021: The Story Behind Celebrating This Festival
- Technology Redmi Gaming Smartphone With Dimensity 1200 SoC Launch Tipped For This Month
- Education NEET PG 2021 On April 18, Check COVID-19 Guidelines For Exam Day
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In April 2021
MG Motor is said to be working on introducing the petrol-powered version of its ZS SUV in the Indian market. The MG ZS petrol-powered SUV has already been spied testing on a few occasions in India, with an expected launch sometime later this year.
Ahead of its launch, the 2020-iteration of the MG ZS SUV has undergone the ASEAN NCAP crash test programme. The MG ZS SUV has come out with flying colours, securing a 5-star safety rating with impressive adult and child occupant protection scores.
As per the results, the MG ZS SUV secured 44.82 points for adult occupant protection and 20.92 point for child occupant safety. The MG ZS tested is the model which is currently on sale in Thailand and Vietnam.
Although the MG ZS is expected to enter the Indian market, it will be slightly different to Thailand or Vietnam-spec. The India-spec MG ZS SUV will be manufactured at the brand's facility in Gujarat, hence safety ratings for the India-specific model could vary slightly. However, considering the five-star rating, it is safe to presume the India-spec model will also secure similar results when tested.
The MG ZS SUV coming to India will be a facelifted version of the 2020 ZS sold in certain international markets. The new facelifted version expected to come to India features a number of subtle updates, including newly designed alloy wheels, which can be seen on the test mules spied in India.
Reports suggest that the MG ZS SUV in India could be powered by a choice of two petrol engine options. This includes a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit producing 120bhp and 150Nm of peak torque. There could also be a 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol unit producing 163bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. Transmission options on the engines will come in the form of both manual and automatic gearbox.
Having said this, the exact engine and transmission options are yet to be announced. There could be a diesel engine as well, considering most of its rivals come with this option. These rivals come in the form of the new Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos and the Renault Duster; among others.
Thoughts On The MG ZS 5-Star Safety Rating By ASEAN NCAP
The MG ZS petrol-powered SUV has been in the works for India for a long time. Currently available with an electric powertrain, the petrol-powered version of the SUV could be introduced soon. Pricing for the MG ZS petrol SUV could be aggressive, with a starting price tag of around Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.