- 16 min ago Maruti Suzuki Sells Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Cars: 1.57 Lakh Cars Sold In FY20-21
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 13 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 13 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- News HC refuses permission for mass prayers during Ramadan at Mumbai Mosque
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion Spotted On Geekbench; Official Teaser Out In India
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: How Restoration of DA Will Change 7th Pay Commission Matrix?
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora, Aditi Rao Hydari, And Other Divas Inspire Us To Up Our Denim Jeans Style
- Sports IPL 2021: SRH vs RCB Match Analysis: Glenn Maxwell redeems himself
- Movies Rahul Roy And His Family Test Positive For COVID-19; Actor Says They Hadn't Even Stepped Out Of Home
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
MG Motor is gearing up to launch another new SUV in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be based on the MG ZS petrol-powered model, which could be called, the Astor. Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spotted testing several times ahead of its launch.
The latest set of spy images shared by our reader Sachin Dev showcases the Astor in complete camouflage. As a result, not many features of the SUV have been revealed from the spy images. However, the exposed taillamps and the window line confirms that it is the upcoming SUV from MG.
The MG Astor SUV is expected to arrive sometime later this year. It will most likely be the brand's entry-level SUV offering. Prices for the base-spec model could start under Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
MG has trademarked the moniker ‘Astor' in the country. Renaming the SUV will help give the upcoming SUV a distinctive presence from the ZS EV sold in the country. The company could increase the percentage of localization in the manufacturing of the SUV.
The SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options. This includes the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. However, the India-spec SUV is expected to receive a larger 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 162bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. Both engines are expected to be offered with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic.
The exteriors features of the Astor SUV include the brand's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
Moving to the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound Astor SUV as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS (Astor) SUV Spotted Testing In Bangalore Again
The upcoming SUV has been spotted yet again in the country. With the increasing number of spy images, the company could be doing the final round of testing ahead of its launch in the country. Once launched, the MG Astor will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks in the Indian market.