- 28 min ago Mahindra Thar Adorned With Amitabh Bachchan Dialogues Grabs The Attention Of Mahindra Chairman
- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Technology iQOO 8, iQOO 8 Legend India Launch Imminent; What All To Expect?
- News Coimbatore: KMCH opens 750-bed Medical College General Hospital
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Virender Sehwag comes out in support of Mohammad Shami following online attack on pacer
- Travel Top Ten Winter Destinations In Odisha
- Finance PhonePe Starts Charging Transaction Fees on Mobile Recharge
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Ananya Panday Fails To Appear Before NCB
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
MG Motor is gearing up to launch another new SUV in the Indian market. The upcoming SUV will be based on the MG ZS petrol-powered model, which could be called, the Astor. Ahead of its launch, the SUV has been spotted testing several times ahead of its launch.
The latest set of spy images shared by our reader Sachin Dev showcases the Astor in complete camouflage. As a result, not many features of the SUV have been revealed from the spy images. However, the exposed taillamps and the window line confirms that it is the upcoming SUV from MG.
The MG Astor SUV is expected to arrive sometime later this year. It will most likely be the brand's entry-level SUV offering. Prices for the base-spec model could start under Rs 10 lakh, ex-showroom.
MG has trademarked the moniker ‘Astor' in the country. Renaming the SUV will help give the upcoming SUV a distinctive presence from the ZS EV sold in the country. The company could increase the percentage of localization in the manufacturing of the SUV.
The SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options. This includes the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. However, the India-spec SUV is expected to receive a larger 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 162bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. Both engines are expected to be offered with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic.
The exteriors features of the Astor SUV include the brand's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
Moving to the inside, the ZS features a host of features including an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. Other features include rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button; among others. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology.
The ZS SUV comes equipped with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist; among others. We expect the exterior and interior features of the global-spec models to be carried to India-bound Astor SUV as well.
Thoughts About The MG ZS (Astor) SUV Spotted Testing In Bangalore Again
The upcoming SUV has been spotted yet again in the country. With the increasing number of spy images, the company could be doing the final round of testing ahead of its launch in the country. Once launched, the MG Astor will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks in the Indian market.