- 6 min ago Maruti Suzuki India Extends Its Free Service & Warranty Period For Customers Due To Covid-19
- 46 min ago Dakar Rally 2022 Route & Scheduled Revealed: 44th Race Edition Will Be Held Between January 2 & 14
- 52 min ago Mg Motor India Extends The Validity Of Its Cars Periodic Service Due To The Covid-19 Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago Norton Motorcycles India Launch Confirmed: Four Norton Motorcycles Trademarked In India
- Movies Kartik Aaryan To Star In Marathi Filmmaker Sameer Vidhwans' Bollywood Directorial Debut: Report
- News 13,287 new COVID cases, 300 deaths in Delhi; Positivity rate dips further
- Technology Reliance Jio, Affordable Smartphones Prime Reasons For 4G Adoption In India
- Sports Olympic-bound boxers Mary Kom and Lovlina Borgohain get first jab of Covid-19 vaccine
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Mantras And Shlokas To Chant On Akshaya Tritiya
- Education Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: Know Why Ramzan Eid Is Celebrated, Its History And Significance
- Finance Record Covid-19 Deaths Weigh On Markets, Sensex Plunges 500 Points
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motor India will be introducing its 5th SUV offering in the country. It will be a gasoline-powered variant of the ZS EV SUV sold in the Indian market. However, the company is expected to call it, the Astor to help distinguish between the two SUVs.
The upcoming Astor SUV has been spotted several times test in the country. The latest set of spy images from Rushlane reveals the SUV's fully digital instrument cluster. It is made of three sections with a speedometer and tachometer placed on either side of the centre MID layout.
The MID screen on the centre of the digital cluster layout provides a host of information. This includes a clear representation of the Astor SUV, distance to empty, average and real-time fuel efficiency, odometer, multiple trip meter and a whole lot more. It is also expected to offer some form of customization.
Another image also reveals the infotainment screen of the MG Astor. The SUV will feature a 10.1-inch touchscreen system that supports Apple Carplay and Android Auto. It is also expected to feature the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart connectivity technology along with the eSim enabled internet connectivity.
Other features that are expected on the SUV includes rain-sensing wipers, leather upholstery, climate control, a start/stop push button and an electric-operated sunroof; among others. The ZS SUV is also expected to come with standard safety features, which includes, ABS with EBD, airbags, hill launch assist, a 360-degree parking camera along with the front and rear parking sensors.
Some of the exteriors features of the ZS SUV include MG's signature honeycomb grille, LED headlamps and DRLs, split-style wraparound LED tail lamps, aluminium faux skid plates at both ends and 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels; among others.
The SUV is already on sale in various international markets. The International-spec ZS is offered with a couple of engine options. This includes the 1.5-litre unit and the 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit. However, the India-spec SUV is expected to receive a larger 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm. While the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit produces 162bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. Both engines are expected to be offered with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic.
Thoughts About The MG ZS (Astor) Digital Instrument Cluster Spied Ahead Of Launch
The MG Astor is expected to be fully packed with the latest features and technologies. Once launched, the MG Astor will rival the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Renault Duster and the Nissan Kicks in the Indian market.