- 14 hrs ago Toyota Land Cruiser India Launch Delayed: 4 Year Waiting Period
- 18 hrs ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 21 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 1 day ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- Movies How I Met Your Father Season 1 Review: Hilary Duff's Show Plays On Nostalgia But Lacks Original's Charm
- Technology Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Is The Precursor Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle Active Covid-19 Cases Highest In 237 Days
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: UP Yoddha vs Haryana Steelers Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- News Madhya Pradesh: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’s museum in Jabalpur central jail barracks opened for public
- Education Karnataka SSLC Preparatory Exams 2022 Schedule Announced, Download KSEEB Class 10 Preparatory Date Sheet Here
- Finance This Large Cap Company To Consider Interim Dividend Payment
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In North India In Winter Of 2022
British carmaker MG Motor has presented Paralympic Games silver medalist Bhavina Patel with a customised MG Hector SUV. The British carmaker had promised Patel the custom SUV in August of this year.
Bhavina Patel won the silver medal in C4 Table Tennis at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games becoming the first Indian Indian table tennis player to clinch a medal at either the Olympic or Paralympic Games. Patel's medal was also historic for another feat as she became only the second woman athlete from India after Deepa Malik, who won a silver medal in shot put at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games.
The customised MG Hector presented to Paralympic medalist Bhavina Patel features a few tweaks that make it easier for the para-athlete to operate. The custom MG Hector project was carried out in association with the Vadodra Marathon and the SUV was handed over to Patel by Jayanta Deb, Chief Technical Officer, MG Motor India.
Speaking about her new custom MG Hector, Olympic Silver medalist, Bhavina Patel said, "I truly appreciate this thoughtful gesture by MG Motor and the Vadodara Marathon. It gives me immense joy to call this completely customised Hector my own. It is a stunning vehicle at the forefront of innovation in our mobility ecosystem, and I look forward to experiencing its power from the driver's seat. Along with the mobility, this fantastic car also brings to me a sense of independence and empowerment."
Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "Today, it is a privilege for us to customise our MG Hector for Bhavina, who brought laurels to the country in Tokyo. With this, we humbly salute her exemplary grit and determination as she defies the odds and makes the entire nation proud. Her contribution towards women's empowerment is unparalleled, and we hope that she enjoys our token of appreciation."
The customised MG Hector presented to Patel features tweaks including hand controls for the accelerator and brakes along with wheelchair attachments. The custom Hector SUV also features a push-button stop-start button and a dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
The MG Hector in India is sold in both petrol and diesel guises. The petrol engine is a 1.5-litre turbocharged unit that produces 141bhp at 5,000rpm and 250Nm of peak torque at just 1,600rpm. The engine is offered with three different transmission options — a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic or a CVT automatic. The Hector petrol is also offered in hybrid guise which is offered with a 6-speed manual transmission.
The MG Hector is also sold with a diesel engine under its bonnet. The MG Hector's diesel powerplant is a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit that produces 168bhp at 3,750rpm and 350Nm of peak torque at 1,750rpm. The diesel Hector is offered with a solitary 6-speed manual transmission option.
Thoughts On MG Presenting A Custom Hector To Bhavina Patel
MG has come good on its promise to provide Paralympic hero and silver medalist Bhavina Patel with a customised SUV. It is gestures like this that will ensure that our athletes are properly appreciated for their heroics at the highest level and is something we highly approve.