- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Sujoy Ghosh To Join Hands For A Thriller, Film To Roll In February: Report
- News BJP MLA from Ayodhya sentenced to 5 years in prison for producing fake mark sheet to get college admission
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Lifestyle Long Covid May Not Be As Fatal As Acute COVID-19 But Can Worsen Existing Ailments, Say Experts
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
MG Motor India has announced its sales report for the month of December 2020. The company has announced its highest-ever retail sales figures of 2020 with 4,010 units; marking a 33 per cent growth in yearly comparison.
The company stated that of the total retail sales registered, 3430 units came from the Hector SUV, while the remaining were split between the Gloster and ZS EV offerings. MG Motor India also announced that the overall sales in 2020 grew by 77 per cent compared to its sales in 2019.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"We have ended the year on a high note with customers continuing to choose the best-in-class premium products from MG's stable. Going forward, we will have more excitement for the customers in January. We expect the momentum to continue as the MG brand enters more markets in 2021."
MG Motor also stated that in the two months since the Gloster went on sale, it has registered 1085 units. Similarly, the MG Hector and the ZS EV registered 25,000 units and 1243 units of sales in the 2020 calendar year, respectively.
Apart from the sales announcement, the company also mentioned the booking numbers for its popular models in the market. The MG Hector has registered 5000 bookings, while the ZS EV bookings stood at 200 units in December 2020.
MG Motor is now working on introducing a new seven-seater version of its Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The new MG Hector seven-seater SUV will be the latest addition to the lineup. It will remain identical to the six-seater version, replacing just the second row of captain chairs with bench seats.
Apart from the introduction of the seven-seater Hector Plus, MG Motor is also said to be working on a facelift version of its Hector offering in India. The new (2021) MG Hector facelift has been spied on a few occasions, with a launch expected in January.
Thoughts On The MG Motor India Car Sales Report For December 2020
MG Motor India has maintained a positive momentum ever since its launch in the Indian market. All products from the brand in India have been received extremely well, including the flagship Gloster SUV as well.