- 4 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Lifestyle Katrina Kaif’s Latest Two Summer-Perfect Outfits Are Also Ideal For Winters
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
MG Motor India has announced its sales report for the month of December 2020. The company has announced its highest-ever retail sales figures of 2020 with 4,010 units; marking a 33 per cent growth in yearly comparison.
The company stated that of the total retail sales registered, 3430 units came from the Hector SUV, while the remaining were split between the Gloster and ZS EV offerings. MG Motor India also announced that the overall sales in 2020 grew by 77 per cent compared to its sales in 2019.
Rakesh Sidana, Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said,
"We have ended the year on a high note with customers continuing to choose the best-in-class premium products from MG's stable. Going forward, we will have more excitement for the customers in January. We expect the momentum to continue as the MG brand enters more markets in 2021."
MG Motor also stated that in the two months since the Gloster went on sale, it has registered 1085 units. Similarly, the MG Hector and the ZS EV registered 25,000 units and 1243 units of sales in the 2020 calendar year, respectively.
Apart from the sales announcement, the company also mentioned the booking numbers for its popular models in the market. The MG Hector has registered 5000 bookings, while the ZS EV bookings stood at 200 units in December 2020.
MG Motor is now working on introducing a new seven-seater version of its Hector Plus SUV in the Indian market. The new MG Hector seven-seater SUV will be the latest addition to the lineup. It will remain identical to the six-seater version, replacing just the second row of captain chairs with bench seats.
Apart from the introduction of the seven-seater Hector Plus, MG Motor is also said to be working on a facelift version of its Hector offering in India. The new (2021) MG Hector facelift has been spied on a few occasions, with a launch expected in January.
Thoughts On The MG Motor India Car Sales Report For December 2020
MG Motor India has maintained a positive momentum ever since its launch in the Indian market. All products from the brand in India have been received extremely well, including the flagship Gloster SUV as well.