- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- News WATCH: Afghanistan forces destroy Taliban hideouts in Kandahar airstrike
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Greatest moment for Indian Hockey since the 1980 Gold medal: Rasquinha
- Technology Redmi 9C Gets A New Variant With Higher 4GB RAM, 128GB Storage; Is It Launching In India?
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Makers Release New Contestant Promo, Is Karan Nath The 2nd Confirmed Contestant Of The Show?
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
MG Motor India has recently announced its sales figures for the month of March. According to the report, the brand has registered a yearly growth of 264 per cent in sales in the last month. MG retailed a total of 5,528 units during March 2021.
In comparison, the brand had registered a total sales of 1,518 units back in March 2020. This is because, last year, MG Motor India sold only two vehicles in March. This includes the Hector and the ZS EV electric-SUV.
Since then, the brand has added a couple of new models, which has resulted in increasing the retail numbers for March 2021. However, MG Motor has received the highest-ever sales for its Hector and ZS EV last month.
A Month-on-Month sales analysis reveals that MG Motor India has sold 1,199 unit more in March 2021 than in February this year. This is a monthly growth of over 27 per cent. With the continued momentum, the carmaker now has a waiting period of up to 2-3 months for most of the models.
The company has is also offering its ZS EV electric-SUV offering via Myles and Zoomcar with Orix as a part of a monthly subscription plan as well. The company has received a good response from the new ownership scheme. As a result, MG has clocked the highest-ever ZS EV sales since its launch last year.
Commenting on the sales performance, Mr Rakesh Sidana Director - Sales, MG Motor India, said, "The highest monthly sales achieved in March 2021 are very encouraging with momentum continuing for our product lines. While Hector received 6,000+ bookings during the month, the Gloster has continued its advance in the premium SUV segment. MG ZS EV's increased traction is also being witnessed across various quarters including luxury buyers looking for a personal driving experience."
"However, we are likely to see a disruption in the supply chain due to shortage of semiconductor chips globally as well as the second wave of Covid. We may observe a few NPDs (no production days) in April 2021 as a preventive measure. We assure our customers that we will provide transparent communication to them throughout," Sidana added.
Thoughts About The MG Motor India Register A Gigantic 264% Yearly Growth
The demand for electric vehicles is increasing by the day in the Indian market. The brand's ZS EV offering caters to the growing demand registering impressive numbers for the brand. Whether the ongoing short-supply of semiconductors push back the delivery timelines of MG vehicles in the country remains to be seen.