- 23 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Finance Nifty Opens 180 Points Higher; RailTel Gains 11%
- News Bank Holidays March 2021: On these dates banks will remain closed in India, check full list here
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Movies Golden Globes 2021 Winners List Live Updates: Chadwick Boseman Wins Best Actor In Motion Picture
- Technology Amazon Quiz Contest Answers For March 1, 2021: Win Amazon Pay Balance Of Rs. 10,000
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
MG Motor India has increased the prices of its recently introduced 2021 Hector facelift SUV. Select variants of the new MG Hector facelift have received a price hike of up to Rs 10,000. The 2021 MG Hector now retails between Rs 12.90 lakh and Rs 18.63 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new MG Hector SUV was introduced in the Indian market in January this year. It continues to be offered in the same four variants options as before: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. While prices for the ‘Style' and ‘Super' variants have remained unchanged, the higher-spec trims have received the price hike.
Here is a table, showcasing the variant-wise pricing of the 2021 MG Hector SUV:
|Petrol||Old Price||New Price||Difference|
|Smart DCT||₹16.42 Lakh||₹16.52 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp DCT||₹18.00 Lakh||₹18.10 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp DCT Dual Tone||₹18.20 Lakh||₹18.30 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Petrol - Hybrid|
|Smart||₹15.66 Lakh||₹15.76 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp||₹17.00 Lakh||₹17.10 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Smart||₹16.92 Lakh||₹17.02 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp||₹18.33 Lakh||₹18.43 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp Dual Tone||₹18.53 Lakh||₹18.63 Lakh||₹10,000|
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
Apart from the increased prices, no other changes have been made on the 2021 Hector facelift. The updated 2021 model already featured a number of revisions, both inside and out.
Starting off with the exterior updates, the 2021 Hector now features a new chrome-studded front grille, larger 18-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out element replacing the red strip between the LED taillights and a new dual-tone paint scheme with contrasting black roof.
Inside, the new Hector facelift features auto-dimming IRVMs, wireless charging, ventilated front seats and a new ‘Hinglish' voice command on its i-Smart connected technology.
Other features have been carried over from the older model. This includes the 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and many others.
Mechanically, the 2021 MG Hector facelift remains unchanged. The SUV continues to be powered by the same 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. The petrol engine comes with an optional 48V hybrid system as well.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 170bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The petrol engine further comes with an optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 MG Hector Facelift SUV Price Hike
The MG Hector facelift continues to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier in the Indian mid-size SUV segment. The Hector was the brand's first product in the market, with the 2021 version receiving a number of updates, making it a more attractive offering.