- 5 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 7 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motor India has increased the prices of its recently introduced 2021 Hector facelift SUV. Select variants of the new MG Hector facelift have received a price hike of up to Rs 10,000. The 2021 MG Hector now retails between Rs 12.90 lakh and Rs 18.63 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new MG Hector SUV was introduced in the Indian market in January this year. It continues to be offered in the same four variants options as before: Style, Super, Smart & Sharp. While prices for the ‘Style' and ‘Super' variants have remained unchanged, the higher-spec trims have received the price hike.
Here is a table, showcasing the variant-wise pricing of the 2021 MG Hector SUV:
|Petrol||Old Price||New Price||Difference|
|Smart DCT||₹16.42 Lakh||₹16.52 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp DCT||₹18.00 Lakh||₹18.10 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp DCT Dual Tone||₹18.20 Lakh||₹18.30 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Petrol - Hybrid|
|Smart||₹15.66 Lakh||₹15.76 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp||₹17.00 Lakh||₹17.10 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Smart||₹16.92 Lakh||₹17.02 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp||₹18.33 Lakh||₹18.43 Lakh||₹10,000|
|Sharp Dual Tone||₹18.53 Lakh||₹18.63 Lakh||₹10,000|
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi)
Apart from the increased prices, no other changes have been made on the 2021 Hector facelift. The updated 2021 model already featured a number of revisions, both inside and out.
Starting off with the exterior updates, the 2021 Hector now features a new chrome-studded front grille, larger 18-inch alloy wheels, a blacked-out element replacing the red strip between the LED taillights and a new dual-tone paint scheme with contrasting black roof.
Inside, the new Hector facelift features auto-dimming IRVMs, wireless charging, ventilated front seats and a new ‘Hinglish' voice command on its i-Smart connected technology.
Other features have been carried over from the older model. This includes the 10.4-inch vertically-stacked touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, panoramic sunroof, ambient lighting and many others.
Mechanically, the 2021 MG Hector facelift remains unchanged. The SUV continues to be powered by the same 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 140bhp and 250Nm of peak torque. The petrol engine comes with an optional 48V hybrid system as well.
There is also a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 170bhp and 350Nm of peak torque. Both engines are mated to a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The petrol engine further comes with an optional seven-speed DCT automatic transmission unit as well.
Thoughts On The 2021 MG Hector Facelift SUV Price Hike
The MG Hector facelift continues to rival the likes of the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and the Tata Harrier in the Indian mid-size SUV segment. The Hector was the brand's first product in the market, with the 2021 version receiving a number of updates, making it a more attractive offering.