- 21 min ago Ducati Streetfighter V4 Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Set To Arrive In The Coming Weeks
- 1 hr ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 16 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Movies Amruta Khanvilkar On 3 Years Of Raazi: Watching Alia Bhatt Perform As Sehmat Was An Absolute Treat
- Education AEEE Result 2021 Declared For Phase 1, Check Results At amrita.edu
- Sports We benefited from video analysis during successful tours of Europe and Argentina: Rohidas
- Technology Is Amazon Delivering Products During Lockdown In India? Can You Place Regular Orders?
- News Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray has become family doctor: Shiv Sena's 'Saamana'
- Finance Top 10 Banks Giving Higher Returns On 5-Year Tax Saving Fixed Deposits
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Sparkles In A Sequin Multicolour Pantsuit And Looks Oh-So-Sizzling In Her Latest Instagram Post
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motor India will be launching a facelift version of the Hector SUV In the Indian market. The facelifted SUV is expected to go on sale sometime this month in the country. Ahead of its launch, the Hector facelift has been spotted arriving at dealerships, indicating its imminent launch in few weeks.
Images from Gaadiwaadi reveal the MG Hector facelift in white colour showcased at one of the dealerships in the country. The SUV receives an updated grille design that features a horizontal pattern as opposed to the criss-cross format on the outgoing model.
The other exterior design change includes the new alloy wheel. The Hector facelift will be receiving larger 18-inch wheels with a dual-tone finish. New wheels now fill up the squared wheel arches of the SUV, giving it a more aggressive stance.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the features will be carrier-forward from the pre-facelift model. This includes the split-headlamp design, a lower air-dam in the front bumpers, split-LED taillamps and more
On the inside, the facelifted Hector is expected to undergo slight features addition including an auto-dimming IRVM. The 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system could receive the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart AI-assisted connected technology.
With the i-Smart features, Hector SUV owners can speak to the onboard voice assistant to control the SUV using over 100 commands. Other features such as the semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, sunroof, and more will be carried forward from the pre-facelift model of the SUV.
The safety net on the outgoing model of the SUV includes six airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD and more. These features will be carriers over to the facelifted SUV as well.
The engine and transmission options on the MG Hector facelift will remain the same as the outgoing model. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which offers better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
However, there are speculations that MG could offer a new variant of the SUV that will be equipped with a four-wheel-drive and the (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology, which could be borrowed from the Gloster SUV.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Facelift (2021) Reaching Dealership Ahead Of India Launch
The MG Hector is the brand's best-selling SUV model in the Indian market. As a result, the company could introduce more features such as 4x4 and ADAS to make the SUV offering more attractive in its segment. Whether the 2021 MG Hector will receive the speculated Savvy variant that will be capable of going off-road remains to be seen.