- 10 min ago Hyundai N-Line Coming To India: New i20 N-Line Hatchback Expected To Go On Sale In Mid-2021
- 1 hr ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 3 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- Lifestyle Nora Fatehi Shows How To Slay Like A Diva In Her INR 1 Lakh Bold Black Slit Gown!
- News Assembly Elections 2021: Bihar govt to guide poll-bound states on conducting polls amid COVID pandemic
- Sports Trapped in Australian Open 'hard quarantine', Bopanna waiting for 'freedom day'
- Movies Master: Theatre Owners Disappointed With Makers Of Vijay Starrer Over The Film’s OTT Release Date
- Finance 5 Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.50%
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 10 5G With Snapdragon 870 SoC Expected To Launch Soon: Price Tipped
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
MG Motor India will be launching a facelift version of the Hector SUV In the Indian market. The facelifted SUV is expected to go on sale sometime this month in the country. Ahead of its launch, the Hector facelift has been spotted arriving at dealerships, indicating its imminent launch in few weeks.
Images from Gaadiwaadi reveal the MG Hector facelift in white colour showcased at one of the dealerships in the country. The SUV receives an updated grille design that features a horizontal pattern as opposed to the criss-cross format on the outgoing model.
The other exterior design change includes the new alloy wheel. The Hector facelift will be receiving larger 18-inch wheels with a dual-tone finish. New wheels now fill up the squared wheel arches of the SUV, giving it a more aggressive stance.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the features will be carrier-forward from the pre-facelift model. This includes the split-headlamp design, a lower air-dam in the front bumpers, split-LED taillamps and more
On the inside, the facelifted Hector is expected to undergo slight features addition including an auto-dimming IRVM. The 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system could receive the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart AI-assisted connected technology.
With the i-Smart features, Hector SUV owners can speak to the onboard voice assistant to control the SUV using over 100 commands. Other features such as the semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, sunroof, and more will be carried forward from the pre-facelift model of the SUV.
The safety net on the outgoing model of the SUV includes six airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD and more. These features will be carriers over to the facelifted SUV as well.
The engine and transmission options on the MG Hector facelift will remain the same as the outgoing model. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which offers better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
However, there are speculations that MG could offer a new variant of the SUV that will be equipped with a four-wheel-drive and the (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology, which could be borrowed from the Gloster SUV.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Facelift (2021) Reaching Dealership Ahead Of India Launch
The MG Hector is the brand's best-selling SUV model in the Indian market. As a result, the company could introduce more features such as 4x4 and ADAS to make the SUV offering more attractive in its segment. Whether the 2021 MG Hector will receive the speculated Savvy variant that will be capable of going off-road remains to be seen.