- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan And Sujoy Ghosh To Join Hands For A Thriller, Film To Roll In February: Report
- Lifestyle Happy Valmiki Jayanti 2021: Wishes, Messages, Quotes, Images, Facebook And Whatsapp Status
- News BJP MLA from Ayodhya sentenced to 5 years in prison for producing fake mark sheet to get college admission
- Education RSMSSB Fireman And AFO 2021 Exam Date Announced For 629 Posts On RSMSSB.Rajasthan.Gov.In, Check Details Here
- Sports Kamalpreet Kaur aims to break her national record to prepare for World Championships, CWG, Asian Games
- Finance 1 Large-Cap And Small-Cap Stock To Buy As Suggested By ICICI Securities
- Technology Google Pixel Launch Event Today: Here's How To Watch Livestream In India
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
MG Motor India will be launching a facelift version of the Hector SUV In the Indian market. The facelifted SUV is expected to go on sale sometime this month in the country. Ahead of its launch, the Hector facelift has been spotted arriving at dealerships, indicating its imminent launch in few weeks.
Images from Gaadiwaadi reveal the MG Hector facelift in white colour showcased at one of the dealerships in the country. The SUV receives an updated grille design that features a horizontal pattern as opposed to the criss-cross format on the outgoing model.
The other exterior design change includes the new alloy wheel. The Hector facelift will be receiving larger 18-inch wheels with a dual-tone finish. New wheels now fill up the squared wheel arches of the SUV, giving it a more aggressive stance.
Apart from the above-mentioned changes, the rest of the features will be carrier-forward from the pre-facelift model. This includes the split-headlamp design, a lower air-dam in the front bumpers, split-LED taillamps and more
On the inside, the facelifted Hector is expected to undergo slight features addition including an auto-dimming IRVM. The 10.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system could receive the latest iteration of the brand's i-Smart AI-assisted connected technology.
With the i-Smart features, Hector SUV owners can speak to the onboard voice assistant to control the SUV using over 100 commands. Other features such as the semi-digital instrument cluster, automatic climate control, sunroof, and more will be carried forward from the pre-facelift model of the SUV.
The safety net on the outgoing model of the SUV includes six airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Traction Control System (TCS), 360-degree camera, front parking sensors, ABS with EBD and more. These features will be carriers over to the facelifted SUV as well.
The engine and transmission options on the MG Hector facelift will remain the same as the outgoing model. It will continue to be offered with two engine options: a 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 143bhp and 250Nm of torque and a 2.0-litre diesel engine churns out 173bhp and 350Nm of torque.
The petrol engine is also offered with a 48V mild-hybrid variant, which offers better fuel efficiency and low-end grunt. All engine options come mated to a six-speed manual gearbox as standard, while the non-hybrid petrol engine is offered with an optional DCT transmission unit.
However, there are speculations that MG could offer a new variant of the SUV that will be equipped with a four-wheel-drive and the (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems technology, which could be borrowed from the Gloster SUV.
Thoughts About The MG Hector Facelift (2021) Reaching Dealership Ahead Of India Launch
The MG Hector is the brand's best-selling SUV model in the Indian market. As a result, the company could introduce more features such as 4x4 and ADAS to make the SUV offering more attractive in its segment. Whether the 2021 MG Hector will receive the speculated Savvy variant that will be capable of going off-road remains to be seen.