- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 5 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News Assam, Nagaland CM's hold closed door meetings with NSCN chief
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Contestant Oshin Patwa Couldn't Answer This Rs 12.5 Lakh Question, Can You?
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs RR: Royals drop Rahul thrice as Punjab skipper becomes second fastest to 3000 IPL runs
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
MG Motor India is gearing up to launch a new variant of the Gloster premium SUV in India. The company will be introducing a 7-seater variant on the top-spec Savvy variant of the Gloster on August 9, 2021, at 12:00 PM.
Currently, the Gloster Savvy variant is available with 6 seats, which includes captain seats in the middle-row. However, seems like the company has received feedback from the customers seeking a 7-seat version on the top-spec trim of the premium SUV.
The 7-seat configuration will be using a bench seat in the middle to seat three passengers, which enhances the practicality of the large SUV. Despite the 7 seats, we can expect the company to offer a foldable armrest on the new bench seat for enhanced comfort when the middle seat is not in use.
Apart from the seating configuration, the rest of the SUV is expected to remain unchanged. All the features and technology will be carried over from the 6-seat model to the upcoming 7-seat SUV as well.
The exterior of the SUV will continue to feature a bold stance with a large horizontal octagonal-shaped chrome grille flanked on either side by LED headlamps with integrated DRLs.
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- LED tail lamps
- Cornering lamps
- Roof rails
- Twin chrome exhaust
- Skid plates at both ends
- Chrome-finished window line
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD)
- Automatic Parking Assistance System (APA)
- Front Collision Warning (FCW)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- 6 airbags
- Traction control
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
- Hill ascent & descent control
- ABS + EBD + Brake Assist
- 360º camera with guidelines
- ISOFIX child seat anchors
- 12.3-inch infotainment system
- 8-inch MID screen
- MG i-Smart voice assistant
- Android Auto & Apple Carplay
- Remote controls via app
- Powered, ventilated from seats
- Massaging driver seats
- Three-zone climate control
- Wireless smartphone charger
- 3rd row AC with controls
- Max power: 215bhp @ 4000rpm
- Peak torque: 480Nm @ 2400rpm
- Drive Modes: Eco, Auto, Sport
- Terrain Modes: Snow, Mud, Sand, Rock
The SUV is offered in four colour options: Agate Red, Metal Black, Metal Ash and Warm White.
Interiors, Safety & Technology
The Gloster is also India's first premium SUV with Level-1 autonomous technology. It features (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for enhanced safety. These include:
Additionally, the Gloster is offered with other safety features such as:
The Gloster's cabin is wrapped in plush leather and offers a premium appeal when stepped inside. It also features a large panoramic sunroof, large windows and ambient lighting to create an airy feel. The SUV also comes loaded with a host of technologies and features. This includes:
Engine & Transmission
The Savvy variant is offered with the top-spec 2.0-litre twin-turbo engine paired to an 8-speed automatic with power sent to all four wheels. The SUV also features an electronic locking differential to tackle rough terrain with ease.
Expected Price & Rivals
The MG Gloster currently retails between Rs 29.98 lakh and Rs 37.28 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The 7-seater Savvy model could be priced the same as the 6-seat variant, which retails at Rs 37.28 lakh, ex-showroom. This is because the 6 and 7 seat versions of the Sharp trim are priced the same.
The MG Gloster rivals the likes of the Ford Endevaour, Toyota Fortuner and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in India. The Gloster is the largest SUV in its class. It features several segment-best features such as a twin-turbo diesel engine and a 7-seat option; among others.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Savvy 7-Seater Variant India Launch On August 9
MG has decided to introduce the 7-seat option on the top-spec trim of the Gloster premium SUV. The decision could have been made based on the customer and market demand. Once launched, the new Savvy 7-seat model could be priced the same as the 6-seat Savvy model offering more value for money.