- 1 day ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 1 day ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 1 day ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Movies Birthday Glimpse To Introduce Mrunal Thakur As 'Lieutenant' RAM’s Sita In Dulquer Salmaan’s Film
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In August 2021
- Sports BCCI to have new CEO, Hemang Amin can apply too
- News What is e-RUPI, a one-stop digital solution? How does it work?
- Finance Stocks To Buy: 3 Banking Stocks With An Upside Target Of Up to 30%
- Lifestyle On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
MG Motor India has increased the pricing of the Gloster SUV in the country. The price hike has been issued to all variants of the SUV except the base-spec trim. As a result, despite the price hike, the starting price on the brand's flagship remains unaffected.
The company had launched the Gloster SUV with an introductory starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh. A month after its launch, Gloster's pricing was increased to end the introductory pricing. Now the SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 29.98 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
As mentioned before, the base-spec Super 7-seater variant of the Gloster has not received a hike in its pricing in May 2021. However, other variants of the premium SUV have received a price hike ranging between Rs 50,000 and Rs 80,000.
The SUV is offered in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp and the Savvy. The SUV is further avaliable in six and seven seating configurations, depending on the variant. The six-seater model will have captain seats in the middle-row. For the seven-seater, the captain seats will be replaced by a traditional bench unit.
The base Smart 6-seater variant of the SUV has received a price hike of Rs 50,000. It now retails at Rs 31.98 lakh. The mid-spec Sharp 6- and 7-seater models have received a price hike of Rs 70,000. After the price hike the Sharp 6- and 7-seater variants now costs Rs 35.38 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec Savvy model is offered only with a six-seater configuration as standard. The variant has received a price hike of Rs 80,0000. The Gloster Savvy now retails at Rs 36.88 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Here is the variant-wise price comparison of the Gloster SUV:
|MG Gloster||New Prices||Old Prices|
|Super 7-Seater||₹29.98 Lakh||₹29.98 Lakh|
|Smart 6-Seater||₹31.98 Lakh||₹31.98 Lakh|
|Sharp 7-Seater||₹35.38 Lakh||₹34.68 Lakh|
|Sharp 6-Seater||₹35.38 Lakh||₹34.68 Lakh|
|Savvy 6-Seater||₹36.38 Lakh||₹36.08 Lakh|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
The MG Gloster SUV is offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options in different states of tune: single-turbocharged unit and twin-turbocharged engine. The lower-spec engine is offered in ‘Super' and ‘Smart' variants of the Gloster. While the Sharp and Savvy are offered with the top-spec twin-turbo engine.
The single turbocharger unit producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
The company recently announced its sales figures for the month of April 2021. The company has sold over 2,000 units amidst the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Prices Hiked Across Select Variants
The MG Gloster has been well-received in the country. The SUV has received its second price hike since its launch in the Indian market. The MG Gloster SUV rivals the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, The Gloster is the only SUV in the premium SUV segment to feature the level 1 autonomous system.