- 10 min ago Tata Tiago CNG Hatchback Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch Details: Pics & Details
- 2 hrs ago Yamaha YZF-R7 Teaser Video Released: Replacement For The Yamaha R6
- 2 hrs ago Isuzu MU-X, D-Max V-Cross & Hi-Lander BS6 Cars Expected To Launch Next Week: Details
- 4 hrs ago Pratap Bose To Head Mahindra's New Global Design Centre? Here's Everything You Need To Know!
- Finance Bandhan Bank Q4: Net Profit Falls 80% to Rs 103 Crore: Declares Dividend
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Predicts Khatron Ke Khiladi 11 Winner; Wonders Why Rahul Vaidya Is Participating
- News Coronavirus cases: Sri Lanka records first case of Indian variant of COVID-19
- Sports COVID-19: KKR's Prasidh Krishna becomes the latest victim
- Technology Realme Narzo 30 4G Certification Hints Upcoming Launch; Everything We Know So Far
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Education Mother’s Day 2021: Some Beautiful Quotes To Express Love For Your Mother
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
MG Motor India has increased the pricing of the Gloster SUV in the country. The price hike has been issued to all variants of the SUV except the base-spec trim. As a result, despite the price hike, the starting price on the brand's flagship remains unaffected.
The company had launched the Gloster SUV with an introductory starting price of Rs 28.98 lakh. A month after its launch, Gloster's pricing was increased to end the introductory pricing. Now the SUV retails at a starting price of Rs 29.98 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
As mentioned before, the base-spec Super 7-seater variant of the Gloster has not received a hike in its pricing in May 2021. However, other variants of the premium SUV have received a price hike ranging between Rs 50,000 and Rs 80,000.
The SUV is offered in four variants: Super, Smart, Sharp and the Savvy. The SUV is further avaliable in six and seven seating configurations, depending on the variant. The six-seater model will have captain seats in the middle-row. For the seven-seater, the captain seats will be replaced by a traditional bench unit.
The base Smart 6-seater variant of the SUV has received a price hike of Rs 50,000. It now retails at Rs 31.98 lakh. The mid-spec Sharp 6- and 7-seater models have received a price hike of Rs 70,000. After the price hike the Sharp 6- and 7-seater variants now costs Rs 35.38 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
The top-spec Savvy model is offered only with a six-seater configuration as standard. The variant has received a price hike of Rs 80,0000. The Gloster Savvy now retails at Rs 36.88 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Here is the variant-wise price comparison of the Gloster SUV:
|MG Gloster||New Prices||Old Prices|
|Super 7-Seater||₹29.98 Lakh||₹29.98 Lakh|
|Smart 6-Seater||₹31.98 Lakh||₹31.98 Lakh|
|Sharp 7-Seater||₹35.38 Lakh||₹34.68 Lakh|
|Sharp 6-Seater||₹35.38 Lakh||₹34.68 Lakh|
|Savvy 6-Seater||₹36.38 Lakh||₹36.08 Lakh|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
The MG Gloster SUV is offered with two 2.0-litre diesel engine options in different states of tune: single-turbocharged unit and twin-turbocharged engine. The lower-spec engine is offered in ‘Super' and ‘Smart' variants of the Gloster. While the Sharp and Savvy are offered with the top-spec twin-turbo engine.
The single turbocharger unit producing a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 375Nm. While the top-spec twin-turbo diesel engine producing 215bhp and 480Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to an eight-speed torque converter automatic sourced from ZF.
The company recently announced its sales figures for the month of April 2021. The company has sold over 2,000 units amidst the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About The MG Gloster Prices Hiked Across Select Variants
The MG Gloster has been well-received in the country. The SUV has received its second price hike since its launch in the Indian market. The MG Gloster SUV rivals the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4. However, The Gloster is the only SUV in the premium SUV segment to feature the level 1 autonomous system.