- 3 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 8 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 80,000 Question That Stumped Former Diplomat Manju Seth On The Show?
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- News In touch with all concerned: India on reports of kidnapping of Indian national in Kabul
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Lifestyle Don’t Throw Away The Peel Of These Fruits And Vegetables, They Have Benefits And Other Uses Too
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
MG Motor India unveils the Astor ahead of its launch, which will be the brand's mid-size SUV offering in the country. The Astor is also MG's most technologically advanced product featuring Level 2 ADAS and personal AI assistance; among others.
The MG Astor features similar styling to the ZS EV electric SUV. However, as the Astor is powered by a petrol engine, it does features a few changes, especially to the front. This exterior feature includes:
- Hawk-eye LED headlamps
- Chrome-studded grille
- Split-LED taillamps
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Dual exhaust tips
- Roof rails
- All-around body cladding
Interiors, Technology & Features
As mentioned before, the Astor is loaded with many segment-first and segment-best features. This includes:
- 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 7-inch digital instrument cluster
- Power adjustable seats
- Drive and steering modes
- Panoramic sunroof
- Electric parking brake
- Heated ORVMs
- PM2.5 cabin filter
- Rear AC vent
- Front & rear armrest
- Leather interiors
MG also showcased (CAAP) Car As A Platform with a host of features enabled by the iSmart Hub. This includes a host of subscriptions and services, including maps and navigation with MapMyIndia, Jio connectivity, the first-of-its-kind Blockchain-protected vehicle digital passport by KoineArth and more.
MG car owners will also get access to music on the JioSaavn app along with the industry-first feature of reserving a parking slot through a head unit powered by Park+. The Astor features over 80 internet-enabled features.
However, the highlight of the interior has to be the personal AI assistance screen with human-like expressions with a panning display placed on the dashboard. The voice for the AI assistance is provided by the Padma Shri, Khel Ratna Awardee, Paralympic Medalist, Dr. Deepa Malik. AI-assistant features include:
- Wikipedia access
- Chit-chat & joke function
- Read news
- Play Music
- Select in-car warning
- Critical in-car warning
- Understands Hinglish
The company is also offering Digital Key enabled with Bluetooth technology. This will help the owner to access the MG Astor without the need for a physical key.
Engine, Transmission & Dimensions
Regarding powertrain, the Astor is offered with two petrol engine options.
1.3-litre Turbo-Petrol Engine
- Max Power: 138bhp
- Peak Torque: 220Nm
- Transmission: 6-speed AT
1.5-litre NA Petrol Engine
- Max Power: 108bhp
- Peak Torque: 144Nm
- Transmission: 6-speed MT or 8-Speed CVT
The company is also offering multiple drive and steering modes on the Astor. The steering modes include Urban, Normal & Dynamic.
- Length: 4323mm
- Height: 1650mm
- Width: 1809mm
The Astor will be the second model to feature ADAS from the brand. However, the new SUV comes equipped with Level 2 ADAS with a lot more driver assistance features. This includes:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- AEB for pedestrian obstruction
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Speed Assist System - Warning Mode
- Speed Assist System - Intelligent Mode
- Speed Assist System - Manual Mode
- Rear Drive Assist - Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Drive Assist - Lane Change Alert
- Rear Drive Assist - Blind Spot Detection
Apart from the Level-2 ADAS, the company is offering 27 standard features on the Astor.
- 6 airbags
- Electric Stability Program (ESP)
- Traction Control System (TSC)
- ABS with EBD
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- 360-degree camera
Thoughts About The MG Astor Unveiled In India
The MG Astor is certainly the most advanced mid-size SUV that is launching in India. With the Level 2 ADAS, it is also one of the safest cars that will go on sale in the country. Along with the features and safety, the SUV is also offered with two petrol engine options including the turbo-petrol unit. Once launched, the Astor will rival the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks, Jeep Compass and more.