- 7 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 17 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 19 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Technology Apple M1 Pro, Apple M1 Max Explained: Most Powerful Apple Silicon
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
MG Astor to be launched in early October and will be available in 7 different trim levels.
The MG Astor is the British brand's fourth offering in the Indian market after the successful introduction of MG Hector, MG Hector Plus, MG Gloster, and the all-electric MG ZS EV.
In fact, the upcoming MG Astor is the conventionally powered version of the all-electric MG ZS EV.
That being said, the upcoming MG Astor will be entering the highly competitive compact-SUV segment, where it will go up against the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun, and a few more SUVs.
Like other MGs, the upcoming MG Astor will be packed with many new features and technology along with top safety features.
Speaking about features, MG Motor has revealed all the details regarding the trim levels even before the official launch of the compact SUV.
According to the details given by MG Motor, the upcoming MG Astor will be offered in 7 different trim levels in total; Super, Smart STD, Smart, Sharp STD, Sharp, Savvy, and Savvy Red.
However, some of the trim levels are limited to certain engine and gearbox combinations only. This means, not all trim levels will be available for all powertrain options.
Speaking of powertrains, the MG Astor will be offered with two engine options. The first engine option is a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit with 108.5bhp and 144Nm of torque.
This engine comes mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a more sophisticated 8-speed CVT gearbox.
The next engine is a turbocharged 1.3-litre petrol engine with 138bhp and 220Nm of torque. However, this engine will be solely mated to a 6-speed torque convertor automatic gearbox.
Coming back to trims, the MG Astor equipped with the more powerful 1.3-litre turbocharged engine cannot be configured with ‘Super' trim, and it will be available in Smart STD, Smart, Sharp STD, Sharp, Savvy, and Savvy Red trim levels.
Whereas the 1.5-litre engine specced with a manual gearbox can only be had with 5 trim level options, and cannot be specced in Savvy or Savvy Red trim levels.
Features wise, the top-end MG Astor SUV will come with advanced features such as AI personal assistant and ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System).
Also, MG Astor will be the first SUV in its segment to offer the ADAS system, and it will provide a safer driving experience due to Level 2 Autonomous Driving Technology.
This technology includes advanced features like lane keep assist, lane departure warning, collision warning, driver alert, blind-spot detection, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, and a few more.
Other highlightable features in MG Astor include a 360-degree surround-view camera, a 10-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 7-inch digital driver's display, Steering mounted controls, panoramic sunroof, PM 2.5 filter, intelligent headlamp control and many more.
We expect MG to price the Astor SUV aggressively with a starting price close to Rs 8 lakh.
Thoughts About MG Astor And Its Trim Levels
MG Astor will be the British brand's 4th product in India, and we expect MG Motor to price the compact SUV aggressively.
We also expect the sole purpose of having the base trim level with manual transmission is to attract premium hatchback customers.