- 1 hr ago Kawasaki Z650RS 50th Anniversary Edition Will Soon Come To India: No Mechanical Updates
- 5 hrs ago Adani Group May Foray Into EV Business In India: Trademark Registered
- 21 hrs ago Tata Tiago CNG Vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio CNG: Design, Powertrain & More
- 22 hrs ago Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- News Cabinet Secretariat Recruitment 2022: Check vacancy details, pay scale, eligibility and more
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Specifications Leaked; Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC Tipped
- Sports Asia Cup Hockey: After 9-0 win against Malaysia, India ready for Japan challenge
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In South India In Winter Of 2022
- Finance Yes Bank Q3 Profit Rises 77 Percent To Rs 266 Crore
- Movies James Corden Offers Jacket To Dakota Johnson To Help Cover Her Dress, Actress Has A Hilarious Reaction
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Sets New Sleepwear Street Style Trend
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
While MG Motor is gearing up for the launch of MG Astor in India, the feature list of the base variant has been leaked online before the launch.
The upcoming MG Astor is the brand's fifth SUV for the Indian market after the MG Hector, MG Hector Plus, MG Gloster and the all-electric MG ZS EV.
With the new MG Astor, the brand will be entering into one of the hottest and most competitive segments in the Indian automotive market.
The upcoming MG Astor will go up against the likes of some strong contenders like the Skoda Kushaq, Volkswagen Taigun, Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks, Maruti Suzuki S-Cross and a few more.
In the last month alone, the Hyundai Creta and the Kia Seltos were among the top five best selling cars in India, and together they accounted for almost 18,000 units despite September being a slow month.
As per the leaked documents, even the base variant of the MG Astor will be packed with many new features and technology along with top safety features.
The base variant of the MG Astor is called the 'Style' variant, it will come with features such as LED projector headlights, LED DRLs, ORVM turn indicators, Rear spoiler, Rear fog lamp, 16-inch wheels with wheel covers, chrome-tipped tailpipes, chrome window lines, shark fin antenna chrome door handle (exterior), and many more.
Moving to the inside, the MG Astor Style trim will come with a 3.5-inch TFT instrument cluster, leather-wrapped steering wheel cover, steering mounted audio and phone controls, 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto,
3 steering modes, tilt-adjustable steering, adjustable rear headrest, keyless entry, power windows on all four doors, electrically operated ORVMs, follow me home headlamps, rear armrest, 60-40 split rear seat, height-adjustable driver seat, rear AC vents, Air Purifier with PM 2.5 filter, USB fast charging, and many more.
MG Motor has not skipped any safety features either to cut down the production cost. It still comes with some decent safety features such as dual airbags, ESC, ABS, HAS, ESS, four-disc brakes, rear parking sensors, speed-sensing door locks, security alarm, ISOFIX child seats, impact sensing auto door unlock, engine immobilizer, rear defogger, rear wiper and washer and many more.
According to the details given by MG Motor, the upcoming MG Astor will be offered in 7 different trim levels.
The MG Astor will be offered two engine options. The first engine option is a 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated petrol unit with 108.5bhp and 144Nm of torque. This engine will either be specced with a 5-speed manual gearbox or a more sophisticated 8-speed CVT gearbox.
The next engine is a turbocharged 1.3-litre petrol engine with 138bhp and 220Nm of torque. However, this engine will be solely mated to a 6-speed torque converter automatic gearbox.
Apart from that, the top-end Sharp (O) variant of the MG Astor SUV will come with advanced features such as AI personal assistant, ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System), a panoramic sunroof, 7-inch digital cluster, 360-degree surround-view camera, 6-way power-adjustable driver's seat, electronic parking brake, Blind Spot Monitor, and many more.
Also, MG Astor will be the first SUV in its segment to offer the ADAS system, and it will provide a safer driving experience due to Level 2 Autonomous Driving Technology.
This technology includes advanced features like lane keep assist, lane departure warning, collision warning, driver alert, blind-spot detection, adaptive cruise control, automatic emergency braking, and a few more.
Expect MG to price the Astor SUV aggressively with a starting price close to Rs 8-9 lakh.
Thoughts About MG Astor And Its Trim Levels
Looking at MG Astor's feature list on the base variant, it is hard to imagine the feature list on the higher variants. With this many features on the base variant, all MG has to do now is price competitively.