- 6 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 12 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 15 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Finance Airlines To Operate At 85% Of Pre-Covid Domestic Flights: Civil Aviation Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
MG Motor India officially reveals the unveiling date for the Astor SUV set on September 15, 2021. The company will reveal the complete details of the upcoming mid-size SUV ahead of its expected launch in October.
MG Astor will be the brand's most technologically advanced offering to date in India. After the Gloster, it will be the second model to feature ADAS. However, the Astor comes equipped with Level 2 ADAS with a lot more driver assistance features.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB)
- AEB for pedestrian obstruction
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Speed Assist System - Warning Mode
- Speed Assist System - Intelligent Mode
- Speed Assist System - Manual Mode
- Rear Drive Assist - Cross Traffic Alert
- Rear Drive Assist - Lane Change Alert
- Rear Drive Assist - Blind Spot Detection
- Intelligent Headlamp Control
- Wikipedia access
- Chit-chat & joke function
- Read news
- Play Music
- Select in-car warning
- Critical in-car warning
- Understands Hinglish
Apart from the enhanced safety features, the SUV also features an on-board AI assistance, that features human-like expressions with a panning display placed on the dashboard.
Other AI-assistant features include:
MG also showcased (CAAP) Car As A Platform with a host of features enabled by the iSmart Hub. This includes a host of subscriptions and services, including maps and navigation with MapMyIndia, Jio connectivity, the first-of-its-kind Blockchain-protected vehicle digital passport by KoineArth and more.
MG car owners will also get access to music on the JioSaavn app along with the industry-first feature of reserving a parking slot through a head unit (powered by Park+ - select cities to begin with) in the car.
Regarding powertrain, the company will likely offer a couple of engine options. This includes the 1.5-litre four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces a maximum of 104bhp and a peak torque of 141Nm.
On the other hand, the SUV is also expected to be offered with the 1.3-litre turbo-petrol unit producing 162bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. Both engines are expected to be offered with either a five-speed manual gearbox or a six-speed automatic.
The Astor's exterior design and styling will look similar to the outgoing MG ZS EV sold in India. However, as it is a petrol-powered vehicle, it will feature changes on the front to help cool the radiator and slight upgrades made to the rear.
MG is expected to price the Astor starting at around Rs 10 lakh, while the top-spec variant of the SUV with Level 2 ADAS, AI assistance and more could retail around Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom.
Thoughts About The MG Astor India Unveiling On September 15
The MG Astor will be the brand's fourth SUV offering, which will feature a design similar to the outgoing MG ZSEV. Much like other models in the brand's line-up, the MG Astor will also come loaded with a host of features and will feature many segment-first features including the ADAS.
The Astor rivals the like of the Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Nissan Kicks, Renault Duster, Skoda Kushaq and the upcoming Volkswagen Taigun.