- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 8 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- News AUKUS neither relevant to Quad nor will impact on its functioning: India's first reaction
- Sports Hungary punished with one-match ban following racist behaviour against England
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Mercedes-Benz India launches a new used car online platform called 'Marketplace'. The new marketplace works on the principle of 'direct customer to customer' selling. Customers looking to sell or buy a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz car can visit the platform to avail services provided by the company.
The company states that the new platform provides ease of transaction and transparency throughout the entire process. Additionally, the Marketplace provides distinct benefits such as the best value, enhanced inventory of certified vehicles, and a hassle-free experience.
Buyers looking for a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz gets benefitted from a wider range of certified cars to choose from and upgrade. While sellers are assured a hassle-free transaction in selling their existing vehicle.
Marketplace - How It Works
The seller can update vehicle details in few easy steps on Roadster under the "Sell your Car" or "Trade-in" module with the expected value for their car. Mercedes-Benz dealership then takes care of the processes such as evaluation of the car, generating buyer leads, arranging for a test drive of the car, ensuring completion of transactions between the buyer and the seller.
- The seller uploads details of the car on the Marketplace
- Selects between selling or trade-in for new Mercedes-Benz car
- The dealer visits the seller to evaluate the car
- The dealer puts the car on sale
- Interested buyer books the car
- The seller can confirm, reject or request a new offer
- Dealer purchases the car from the seller after the offer is accepted
- Finally, the new buyer receives the car from the dealer
Benefits Of Marketplace
As mentioned before, the seller will complete transparency and best value in selling the car via the marketplace. They can either do it online or seeks assistance from their nearest Mercedes-Benz showroom. They also have the freedom to reject, accept and request a new offer as well.
The buyers get to look at a whole host of pre-owned cars right from the comfort of the home. Once decided, the further process is transparent and is directly done with the Mercedes-Benz customer with a hassle-free transfer of ownership as well.
Dealers get growth opportunities for both new car and pre-owned car businesses. The Marketplace can also increase the footfalls to the dealerships and provide a never-before experience in the used car or pre-owned car market. This also increases the brand and dealership value.
For Mercedes-Benz India:
With the new Marketplace, the brand aims to create customer loyalty by offering the best possible price, larger inventory, transparency, hassle-free process and a seamless luxury experience. It will also help in scaling up the pre-owned business in India.
Speaking on the occasion, Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO Mercedes-Benz India, said, "Following our motto of ‘Reimagining Excellence' we want to create an enhanced luxury experience for luxury aspirants who wish to upgrade to a Mercedes-Benz. Marketplace's direct customer-to-customer model will provide discerning sellers and buyers with the most transparent, hassle-free and convenient platform to sell existing cars and upgrade."
He further added, "With this initiative, we create a win-win scenario for customers and an opportunity for our franchise partners to scale up their pre-owned and new car business by offering a luxury brand experience. Marketplace will continue to set new benchmarks in terms of transparency, efficiency and customer-centricity in the entire luxury pre-owned car business."
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz India Launches Used Cars Marketplace
According to Mercedes-Benz India, the online presence for used cars currently remains at 20 per cent. The new Marketplace is estimated to increase the online presence and transactions by 10 per cent. Sellers and buyers will be offered a seamless experience with pre-owned cars, which is usually not the case in selling or buying used cars in India.