- News Why such anger against Kashmiris for celebrating Pakistan's win: Mehbooba Mufti
- Sports Inclusion of two new IPL teams will bring more domestic cricketers from our country to global stage: Ganguly
- Movies Salman Khan-Starrer Antim: The Final Truth's Trailer Is Out
- Education Punjab MARKFED Admit Card 2021 Released, Here’s How To Download
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Mercedes-Benz is all set to use green steel in its vehicles from 2025. This is a part of the initiatives from Mercedes-Benz to become carbon-neutral. In order to introduce carbon-di-oxide-free steel into series production, Mercedes-Benz has partnered with H2 Green Steel (H2GS).
Every single automobile manufacturer in the world is looking for ways to become more environment-friendly. All of them have come to the conclusion that electric vehicles are the way forward and all manufacturers are working towards an electric future.
Mercedes-Benz too is working on electric vehicles. The brand has already revealed a few electric vehicles and is developing many more. The brand will eventually have an all-electric lineup and this sounds very promising indeed.
Unlike most other brands though, Mercedes-Benz is also working on other methods of reducing pollution. For several years now, the German auto giant has been compensating for carbon production by planting more trees. Now though, it is looking to reduce/prevent carbon emissions wherever possible.
Now, Mercedes-Benz has revealed that it is looking to introduce green steel in its series production across all product lines. The current methods used to produce steel are Blast Furnace or Electric Arc Furnace.
Without getting into the details of how steel is produced using these methods, we can say that both methods of producing automotive-grade steel produces a lot of carbon emissions. This is where the new method incorporated by H2 Green Steel comes to the rescue.
H2 Green Steel was established in 2020 with an aim to build a large-scale fossil-free production facility for steel in Sweden. H2 Green Steel claims it will produce five million tons of fossil-fuel-free steel by 2030, thereby decarbonising most of the European steel industry.
Hydrogen from renewable energy sources are used in the production of green steel. Mercedes-Benz will use green steel in its vehicles from 2025.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Using Green Steel To Make Cars
It does seem like the blokes at Mercedes-Benz do really think of every single detail. It was very easy for Mercedes-Benz to produce some good electric vehicles and let it be just that. However, the German brand is really going to great lengths to make sure that even the metal used in the construction of their cars is made in an environment-friendly manner.