- 10 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Finance How To Find CIF ID In India Post Payment Bank Account IPPB?
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News PM Modi to interact with participants on Toycathon 2021
- Sports Top Level Volleyball to return to India with the Prime Volleyball League
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan And Akshay Kumar's Throwback Picture From Dil To Pagal Hai Sets Will Make You Nostalgic!
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Mercedes-Benz is all set to use green steel in its vehicles from 2025. This is a part of the initiatives from Mercedes-Benz to become carbon-neutral. In order to introduce carbon-di-oxide-free steel into series production, Mercedes-Benz has partnered with H2 Green Steel (H2GS).
Every single automobile manufacturer in the world is looking for ways to become more environment-friendly. All of them have come to the conclusion that electric vehicles are the way forward and all manufacturers are working towards an electric future.
Mercedes-Benz too is working on electric vehicles. The brand has already revealed a few electric vehicles and is developing many more. The brand will eventually have an all-electric lineup and this sounds very promising indeed.
Unlike most other brands though, Mercedes-Benz is also working on other methods of reducing pollution. For several years now, the German auto giant has been compensating for carbon production by planting more trees. Now though, it is looking to reduce/prevent carbon emissions wherever possible.
Now, Mercedes-Benz has revealed that it is looking to introduce green steel in its series production across all product lines. The current methods used to produce steel are Blast Furnace or Electric Arc Furnace.
Without getting into the details of how steel is produced using these methods, we can say that both methods of producing automotive-grade steel produces a lot of carbon emissions. This is where the new method incorporated by H2 Green Steel comes to the rescue.
H2 Green Steel was established in 2020 with an aim to build a large-scale fossil-free production facility for steel in Sweden. H2 Green Steel claims it will produce five million tons of fossil-fuel-free steel by 2030, thereby decarbonising most of the European steel industry.
Hydrogen from renewable energy sources are used in the production of green steel. Mercedes-Benz will use green steel in its vehicles from 2025.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Using Green Steel To Make Cars
It does seem like the blokes at Mercedes-Benz do really think of every single detail. It was very easy for Mercedes-Benz to produce some good electric vehicles and let it be just that. However, the German brand is really going to great lengths to make sure that even the metal used in the construction of their cars is made in an environment-friendly manner.