- 11 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 13 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 14 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports BCCI remains undecided on Ranji or Hazare Trophy, women's domestic season expected from March
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Eijaz Khan Is Out Of The BB House Due To Prior Work Commitment, Devoleena To Replace Him
- News Rethink move to ban poultry sale: Centre to States
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Mercedes-Benz India has announced that it will be increasing the prices of its model range effective 15 January 2021. The imminent price correction would be in the range of 5 per cent, across the model range. Mercedes-Benz has also been investing in introducing new technologies and features like 'Mercedes me connect' across its product portfolio.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India said, "At Mercedes-Benz, we offer an enriched product portfolio with the latest features like Mmc technology and keep introducing new product enhancements in specific models. We have been operating a sustainable and future-ready business; however, a necessary price correction is required to offset the continuous rise in input and operational costs."
"The new price range of our select vehicles will ensure the brand's premium price positioning, assuring a sustainable growth both for the brand and our dealer partners, enabling the continuation of the best-in-segment customer ownership experiences, equated with Mercedes-Benz," he further added.
So, why has the company increased the prices of its model range? It is because of the weakening of the Indian currency compared to the Euro since the past six to seven months, combined with an increase in input costs. This has led to significant pressure on the overall production costs.
In other recent Mercedes-Benz news, the company launched the new S-Class 'Maestro' Edition in the Indian market that carries a price tag of Rs 1.51 crore, ex-showroom (India). The new Maestro Edition of the S-Class is also the first Mercedes-Benz product to feature the latest-generation 'Mercedes Me Connect' technology, which now comes with home integration and voice assistance.
Mechanically, the S-Class 'Maestro' Edition uses the same 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder diesel engine producing 286bhp of power and 600Nm of peak torque. The engine comes paired with an automatic transmission.
Thoughts About Mercedes-Benz Increasing Its Prices Of Its Model Range
As we mentioned earlier, because of the weakening of the Indian currency compared to the Euro since the past six to seven months, combined with an increase in input costs the overall production costs have gone up. The increase in the price list is approximately Rs 2 lakhs for a C-Class and goes all the way up to the Rs 15 lakhs mark for an AMG GT 63 s 4 door.