- 1 day ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 2 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- 3 days ago MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
- Movies Jimmy Sheirgill Reveals Why He Was Intimidated Being Directed By Gulzar In Maachis
- Technology Week 43, 2021 Launch Roundup: Nokia C30, Vivo T1, OPPO K9s, iQOO Z5x, And More
- Sports 'Lucky 13': Babar Azam lords in style as India lose to Pakistan for first time in World Cup
- News NCB's Sameer Wankhede writes to Mumbai top cop, seeks protection from action on 'false charges'
- Finance Government May Present 2 Major Financial Sector Bills In Winter Session
- Lifestyle Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
Mercedes-Benz has previewed the Concept EQT for the first time ever and it will be the 9th model to receive the all-electric makeover under Mercedes' EQ sub-brand. The Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT is the electric-only version based on the upcoming Mercedes-Benz T-Class, which in turn is based on the second-generation Citan LCV platform.
Speaking of platforms, the LCV platform in question is jointly developed by Mercedes-Benz and Renault to underpin the Mercedes-Benz Citan and Renault's third-generation Kangoo. In the looks department, the Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT looks very premium despite the MPV-like silhouette.
Up front there is a black panel with a 3D star effect combined with slim LED headlamps, while the rear houses full-width LED tail lamps. The premium look is further enhanced by the use of 21-inch wheels shod by 235-section low profile tyres, panoramic glass roof and a leather-lined interior.
At a length of 4,945mm, width of 1,863mm, and height of 1,826mm, the Exterior dimensions are slightly larger than its main rival - Volkswagen Caddy Maxi. The interiors also translate to a similar space and sport white Nappa leather interior. There is also Mercedes's latest MBUX operating system.
However, we expect production versions to tone down a bit on luxury in favour of durability and practicality. Safety features include automatic emergency braking, lane assist, cross wind assist, trailer stability control and adaptive cruise control with traffic assistance.
Even though there are no official details regarding the powertrain being used, we suspect Mercedes-Benz to mirror an identical powertrain as Renault's Kagoo, which includes a 115bhp, 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine and a 1.5-litre turbocharged diesel engine with different states of tune ranging from 75hp to 110hp.
The Concept EQT, which is the electric-only version, will receive a 102bhp electric motor with a 45kWh battery, which will give it a claimed range of 265kms under the WLTP cycle.
Thoughts On Mercedes-Benz Concept EQT Being Revealed
While Mercedes-Benz already has V-Class as the brand's sole MPV, Mercedes plans to expand its customer base with an affordable range of smaller T-Class MPV and all-electric EQT. This is a brilliant move and we do feel that the EQT will have many takers.