- News Landslide in Kerala's Kottayam: 3 dead, atleast 10 missing in Kottayam, IAF assistance sought
- Technology Poco M4 Pro 5G With Up 6GB RAM Spotted At FCC; When Is It Launching?
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Now Conduct Debit Card Services At New Micro ATMs of This Bank: Here’s How
- Movies Katrina Kaif Reviews Sardar Udham, Praises Rumoured Boyfriend Vicky Kaushal As 'Pure Talent'
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Oman vs PNG preview
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Mercedes-Benz increases the price of the EQC electric SUV at 1.04 crore, ex-showroom. The prices have increased by Rs 4.7 lakh over the introductory pricing of the electric SUV after its launch last year.
The company is also gearing up to bring the second batch of EQC electric SUVs to India in September 2021. The company reopened bookings back in March and is now set to start deliveries in a couple of months.
After receiving an excellent response at the time of the launch of the EQC, the company decided to bring another batch of SUVs to cater to the growing demand.
The EQC was the first luxury electric SUV that was launched in India last year. The first batch of SUVs consisted of 50 units, which were sold out ahead of launch. As a result, Mercedes-Benz reopened the bookings for the EQC earlier this year. The deliveries of the second batch of electric SUVs is expected to begin in September.
The EQC will continue to be sold as CBU (Completely Built-Up) units. As mentioned before the second batch customers will be paying Rs 4.7 lakh more as the introductory pricing ended with the first batch.
Perfromance, Range & Charging
The electric powertrain features an 80kW lithium-ion battery pack paired with two electric motors placed on the front and rear axel. Mercedes-Benz claims the EQC to offer a maximum driving range of 471km on a single charge.
Speaking about the performance, the combined power output of electric motors produce 405bhp and 765Nm of peak torque. The SUV can accelerate from 0 - 100km/h in 5.1 seconds and continue to reach an electronically-limited top speed of 180km/h.
The EQC is offered with fast-charging technology capable of charging its batteries up to 80% in around 40 minutes.
Feature & Technology
The electric SUV features the brand MBUX technology supported by two 10.3-inch displays, one for the instrument cluster and the other being the touchscreen infotainment unit.
- LED lighting
- Powered-operated seats
- Ambient lighting
- On-board AC fast charger
- Mercedes Me Connect
- Climate control
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- ABS with EBD
- Cruise control
- Mercedes-Benz Pre Safe
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz EQC Price Increase & Second Batch Deliveries
The demand for electric vehicles is growing across all segments. The first batch of the EQC luxury electric SUV was sold out even before it went on sale in India. As a result, Mercedes-Benz is gearing up to bring the second batch of SUVs. However, new customers will be paying a lot more than the launch price. The EQC rivals the likes of Audi e-Tron, Jaguar I-Pace, and the upcoming Volvo XC40 Recharge and the Tesla Model 3.