- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Finance From Fuel Rates To ATM: 8 Rules That Will Take Effect From Today
- Technology List Of Smartphones Expected To Launch In March 2021
- Movies Check Day 3 Box Office Collection: Nithiin’s Prison Drama Experiences Slow Growth
- Sports NZC shift matches against Australian men, England women to Wellington
- News Sensex surges over 500 pts in early trade; Nifty tops 14,680
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
Mercedes-Benz has globally unveiled its new EQA electric SUV. The new Mercedes-Benz EQA is now the newest entry-level offering in the brand's electric range. The new EQA is expected to go on sale in the international markets sometime later this year.
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA is based on the brand's conventional GLA SUV, featuring a similar silhouette and dimensions. However, the new EQA does come with its own styling elements and features, which help it stand out from its sibling.
This includes the gloss-black finished panel in place of the grille upfront. The SUV also comes with full-LED headlamp units with integrated LED DRLs and turn indicators.
At the side, the new Mercedes-Benz EQA now comes with large bi- or tri-coloured alloy wheels as large as 20-inches. The alloy wheels on the EQA electric SUV also feature exclusive rose-gold and/or blue detailing.
The rear of the EQA comes with a completely different boot lid design. It also comes with new LED taillights, connected via an LED strip. Mercedes-Benz states that the new taillight design instantly makes it stand out and recognisable as the electric SUV.
Moving to the interiors, the new Mercedes-Benz EQA carries forward a layout similar to the standard GLA model. However, the electric SUV does feature a few changes and updates. This includes the addition of rose-gold inserts around the AC vents, seats and on the key. The EQA also comes with an EV-specific digital instrument cluster with rose-gold and blue highlights around it.
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA comes with an asynchronous electric motor on the front axle. The electric motor is mated to a double-decker lithium-ion battery pack located on the underbody of the SUV. The 66.5kWh battery pack with the electric motor produces 188bhp of peak power output.
Mercedes-Benz claims that the EQA comes with a range of 480 kilometres on a single charge. The brand has also stated that there will be a dual-motor variant in the future, which will offer a range of over 500 kilometres.
The Mercedes-Benz EQA will come with both standard and fast-charging options. The SUV will come with a complimentary home-charging system, which depending on the market, will be able to charge the EQA completely overnight. The entry-level electric SUV will also be capable of charging via a 100kW fast-charger, which can charge the batteries from 10 to 80 per cent in just 30 minutes.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQA Electric SUV
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA will be positioned below the brand's EQC offering in the global markets. Currently there are no plans of introducing the EQA in India, considering its larger sibling was launched recently in late-2020.