- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 9 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Mercedes-Benz has globally unveiled its new EQA electric SUV. The new Mercedes-Benz EQA is now the newest entry-level offering in the brand's electric range. The new EQA is expected to go on sale in the international markets sometime later this year.
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA is based on the brand's conventional GLA SUV, featuring a similar silhouette and dimensions. However, the new EQA does come with its own styling elements and features, which help it stand out from its sibling.
This includes the gloss-black finished panel in place of the grille upfront. The SUV also comes with full-LED headlamp units with integrated LED DRLs and turn indicators.
At the side, the new Mercedes-Benz EQA now comes with large bi- or tri-coloured alloy wheels as large as 20-inches. The alloy wheels on the EQA electric SUV also feature exclusive rose-gold and/or blue detailing.
The rear of the EQA comes with a completely different boot lid design. It also comes with new LED taillights, connected via an LED strip. Mercedes-Benz states that the new taillight design instantly makes it stand out and recognisable as the electric SUV.
Moving to the interiors, the new Mercedes-Benz EQA carries forward a layout similar to the standard GLA model. However, the electric SUV does feature a few changes and updates. This includes the addition of rose-gold inserts around the AC vents, seats and on the key. The EQA also comes with an EV-specific digital instrument cluster with rose-gold and blue highlights around it.
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA comes with an asynchronous electric motor on the front axle. The electric motor is mated to a double-decker lithium-ion battery pack located on the underbody of the SUV. The 66.5kWh battery pack with the electric motor produces 188bhp of peak power output.
Mercedes-Benz claims that the EQA comes with a range of 480 kilometres on a single charge. The brand has also stated that there will be a dual-motor variant in the future, which will offer a range of over 500 kilometres.
The Mercedes-Benz EQA will come with both standard and fast-charging options. The SUV will come with a complimentary home-charging system, which depending on the market, will be able to charge the EQA completely overnight. The entry-level electric SUV will also be capable of charging via a 100kW fast-charger, which can charge the batteries from 10 to 80 per cent in just 30 minutes.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQA Electric SUV
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA will be positioned below the brand's EQC offering in the global markets. Currently there are no plans of introducing the EQA in India, considering its larger sibling was launched recently in late-2020.