- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 17 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Mercedes-Benz has globally unveiled its new EQA electric SUV. The new Mercedes-Benz EQA is now the newest entry-level offering in the brand's electric range. The new EQA is expected to go on sale in the international markets sometime later this year.
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA is based on the brand's conventional GLA SUV, featuring a similar silhouette and dimensions. However, the new EQA does come with its own styling elements and features, which help it stand out from its sibling.
This includes the gloss-black finished panel in place of the grille upfront. The SUV also comes with full-LED headlamp units with integrated LED DRLs and turn indicators.
At the side, the new Mercedes-Benz EQA now comes with large bi- or tri-coloured alloy wheels as large as 20-inches. The alloy wheels on the EQA electric SUV also feature exclusive rose-gold and/or blue detailing.
The rear of the EQA comes with a completely different boot lid design. It also comes with new LED taillights, connected via an LED strip. Mercedes-Benz states that the new taillight design instantly makes it stand out and recognisable as the electric SUV.
Moving to the interiors, the new Mercedes-Benz EQA carries forward a layout similar to the standard GLA model. However, the electric SUV does feature a few changes and updates. This includes the addition of rose-gold inserts around the AC vents, seats and on the key. The EQA also comes with an EV-specific digital instrument cluster with rose-gold and blue highlights around it.
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA comes with an asynchronous electric motor on the front axle. The electric motor is mated to a double-decker lithium-ion battery pack located on the underbody of the SUV. The 66.5kWh battery pack with the electric motor produces 188bhp of peak power output.
Mercedes-Benz claims that the EQA comes with a range of 480 kilometres on a single charge. The brand has also stated that there will be a dual-motor variant in the future, which will offer a range of over 500 kilometres.
The Mercedes-Benz EQA will come with both standard and fast-charging options. The SUV will come with a complimentary home-charging system, which depending on the market, will be able to charge the EQA completely overnight. The entry-level electric SUV will also be capable of charging via a 100kW fast-charger, which can charge the batteries from 10 to 80 per cent in just 30 minutes.
Thoughts On The Mercedes-Benz EQA Electric SUV
The new Mercedes-Benz EQA will be positioned below the brand's EQC offering in the global markets. Currently there are no plans of introducing the EQA in India, considering its larger sibling was launched recently in late-2020.