- 3 hrs ago KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- 3 hrs ago Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Across India: State-Wise Numbers!
- 17 hrs ago Steelbird BRAT Series Of Helmets Launched In India: Developed In Association With Blauer
- 19 hrs ago Hyundai Car Offer & Discounts For April 2021: Benefits Of Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh On Select Models
- Sports IPL 2021, RCB vs KKR Match 10 Live Updates: Kolkata Knight Riders eager to tame Royal Challengers Bangalore
- News Over 12 crore doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in 92 days in India
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Rajeev Hanu Wins The ‘Golden Pass,’ Gains Advantage Of Having Immunity From Nominations
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Lifestyle Lakshmi Manchu Gives Us Two Stunning Saree Goals; Which One Will You Pick?
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
The German luxury carmaker, Mercedes-Benz, has launched the much-awaited A-Class Limousine in the Indian market. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine retails at a starting price tag of Rs 39.90 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The A-Class Limousine becomes the brand's entry-level offering in the Indian market. The sedan is offered in three variants: A200, A220d and the AMG A 35 4MATIC. The A200d and the AMG A 35 retails at Rs 40.90 lakh and 56.24 lakh, respectively. All prices mentioned are introductory and ex-showroom (India).
The colour options on the A-Class sedan include Polar White, Mojave Silver, Mountain Grey, Cosmos Black, Denim Blue, & Iridium Silver. The AMG A 35 is offered with an exclusive yellow colour option at an additional cost.
Except for the Iridium Silver paint scheme, the rest of the colour options features a beige interior. The Iridium Silver paint scheme on the other hand features an all-black interior scheme. The AMG model will also feature an all-black interior with a sportier theme than the standard variant of the sedan.
The A-Class Limousine is offered in three powertrain options depending on the variant. The A200 is powered by a 1.3-litre turbo petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 250Nm between 1620rpm and 4000rpm, mated to a seven-speed DCT.
Powering the A200d variant is a 2.0-litre turbocharged unit that is all-new from the brand. It produces a maximum of 148bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm between 1400rpm and 3200rpm, mated to an 8-speed DCT.
Moving to the AMG A 35 4Matic, the sedan variant is powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 304bhp and a peak torque of 400Nm. Power is sent to all four wheels via a seven-speed DCT transmission. The car can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in 4.8 seconds. The A 35 4MATIC is the second AMG model that is locally produced in the country.
The company claims an ARAI rated mileage of 17.50kmpl for the A200 petrol variant and 21.35kmpl on the A200d. Ahead of its launch, we have driven the A-Class Limousine in Goa — here are our first impressions.
Speaking about the design of the A-Class Limousine, it features the most aerodynamic body shape for a production car. Exterior features of the sedan include LED lighting all-around, 17-Inch two-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels, the brand's signature grille with Mercedes-Benz logo placed in the centre and a boot-lid integrated spoiler; among others.
Moving to the inside of the A-Class Limousine, the cabin offers a whole host of features wrapped in luxurious leather. This includes a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 10.25-inch customisable TFT instrument cluster, 64-colour ambient lighting, dual-zone climate control, MBUX voice assistance, and panoramic sunroof; among others.
The safety net on the A-Class Limousine includes seven airbags, a blindspot information system, hill-hold control, traction control, electronic stability control, ABS with EBD, reverse parking camera, perimeter/volumetric alarm, Mercedes Me breakdown & crash assist and Pre-Safe head restraints; among others.
Mercedes-Benz is offering the A-Class Limousine with a three-year comprehensive warranty. Also, the company is offering a segment-first eight-year warranty for unlimited kilometres for the engine and transmission as standard at no extra cost. The eight-year warranty is fully transferable to the next owner as well.
Along with the standard warranty package, the company is also offering a host of maintenance packages for customers to purchase at an additional cost. The company is offering 24x7 (RSA) Road-side Assistance as well.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine Launched In India
Mercedes-Benz is offering a unique entry-level model that is packed with performance, features and luxury. The A-Class Limousine carries all the brand's core value and an attractive starting price tag. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine rivals the BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe and the upcoming Audi A3 sedan in the India market.