- 14 hrs ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 16 hrs ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- 21 hrs ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launch Tomorrow; Powered By Yamaha’s Liquid-Cooled Engine From R15
- 1 day ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- Finance List of Documents Required For Aadhaar Update & Verification
- News Jaishankar raises Covid quarantine issue during his meeting with UK counterpart
- Movies Bobby Deol Says Ajnabee Was Way Ahead Of Its Time When It Released; 'It Changed A Lot Of Things'
- Technology Amazon Redmi 2K TV Series Quiz Answers: Win 4K TV For Free
- Sports England cancel tour to Pakistan: PCB chief Ramiz Raja vows to 'avenge' Western Bloc
- Lifestyle Durga Puja 2021: Mahalaya Tarpan Meaning And Rituals Performed on Pitru Paksha
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
The Mercedes-AMG Project One is almost ready to hit the roads. Mercedes-AMG has released a video on its Facebook page that shows the Project One being driven out of the company's facility. The Project One hypercar is now production-ready and we expect it to be launched soon.
The Mercedes-AMG Project One was first revealed back in 2017 as a concept. Mercedes-AMG promised that it would be a Formula 1 car for the road. The brand had announced that it would feature F1-style suspension, and be powered by an F1 engine. Although it seems like ages since Mercedes-AMG had made these promises, it has now come around to fulfilling them.
Mercedes-AMG is one of the best performance car manufacturers in the world. Alongside making some brilliant sports cars, performance sedans and SUVs, the brand also has an extremely successful Formula 1 team. It has taken seven consecutive constructors' championships starting from 2014 until 2020 and is in the running for the 2021 championship as well.
After winning in 2014, 2015, and 2016, Mercedes-AMG decided to put the championship-winning drivetrain in a hypercar for the road. That is exactly how the Mercedes-AMG Project One was conceived.
Despite many delays, it now looks like the Project One is ready for production. Jochen Hermann, the Chief Technology Officer of Mercedes-AMG was seen driving the car out of the company's facility.
The Mercedes-AMG Project One will be powered by a petrol-hybrid system. It gets a 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol V6 engine combined with four electric motors. The 1.6-litre engine is taken straight out of a Formula 1 car with several changes to make it more reliable for the road. Together, the engine and the electric motors are expected to produce more than 1,000bhp.
In terms of the design and styling, every bit of the car looks perfectly designed for a motorsport-derived hypercar. It gets a central cabin with a roof scoop, the roofline slopes towards the rear, and the large wheel arches make it look powerful. It also gets a unique wing at the rear.
The interior is modern and largely digital while the steering wheel too closely resembles a Formula 1 car's steering wheel. The Project One should be a brilliant car to drive, especially on racetracks. According to reports, deliveries of the Mercedes-AMG Project One hypercar are set to begin later this year.
Thoughts On Mercedes-AMG Project One Hypercar Being Production-Ready
The Mercedes-AMG Project One is one of the most-awaited hypercars in recent years. However, owing to the excessive delay in its arrival, the competition took more prominence. Now though, thanks to this new video, the Project One will regain its prominence. Also, having an F1 engine in your road-going car gives you the show-off rights unlike anything else.