- 42 min ago Yamaha R3 BS6 India Launch Expected Soon: Could Come With New Design & Features
- 2 hrs ago Pure EV Electic Scooter Warranty Extended For Battery, Motor & Controller: Here Are All The Details
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Ioniq 5 Electric Vehicle Displayed In India; India Launch Likely If Import Duty Is Reduced
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Hybrid Battery Warranty Extended: Toyota Camry & Vellfire Get 8 Years Battery Warranty
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 2nd T20I: Padikkal, Gaikwad, Rana, Sakariya debut as SL invite Dhawan to bat first
- News Govts of Assam, Mizoram agree on deployment of neutral central force along disturbed border
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A52s Geekbench Listing Reveals Key Specs; Here's The Expected Price
- Education Government Likely To Offer OBC, EWS Reservation In AIQ For Medical Colleges Admissions
- Finance Rakesh Jhunjhunwala To Start New Airline; Starting With 70 Planes
- Lifestyle Friendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- Movies Swara Bhasker's Next Is A Murder Mystery Titled Mimamsa
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Mercedes-Benz India division is gearing up for the launch of their luxury rocketships, the E53 AMG and the more potent E63 S AMG.
The German carmaker has announced that they will be launching two performance-oriented versions of their E-Class sedan in India on 15 July 2021. The cars scheduled for the launch are the Mercedes-Benz E53 4MATIC+ and the Mercedes-Benz E63 S 4MATIC+.
Let us start with the semi-skimmed version, the E53 4MATIC+. It gets a 450bhp 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged In-line six-cylinder petrol engine, which is further assisted by a 48V mild-hybrid system called 'EQ Boost' that doubles up as a starter-generator motor with 22hp and 250Nm of torque.
All this power is sent to all four wheels via a 9-speed automatic transmission. This enables the E53 to reach 100kmph from a standstill in just 4.4 seconds.
Looks-wise, the E53 is easily distinguishable with its slightly reworked front-end that carries the A-shaped contour with five vertical struts, and 19-inch and 20-inch wheel options that feature twin-five spoke alloy wheel design.
On the other hand, the full-fat version of the E-Class sedan, the E63 S 4MATIC+ gets larger central air intakes, an AMG-specific radiator grille with twelve vertical louvres and a large three-pointed star. On the rear, you can also spot the aerodynamically tweaked rear taillights that are flatter and a redesigned rear diffuser for more downforce.
Under the hood of the E63 S 4MATIC+ is a proper monster of an engine with 600bhp and 850Nm of torque. The unit is a 4.0-litre V8 petrol engine, assisted only by a pair of turbochargers that convert the atmosphere into more power.
Like the E53 AMG, the power is sent to all four wheels via a 9-speed automatic transmission, and the system can catapult this luxury barge from a standstill to 100kph in just 3.4 seconds.
On the inside, both models get Mercedes latest hardware such as the MBUX infotainment system, a fully digital infotainment system with bespoke AMG graphics, a twin-spoke AMG steering wheel with haptic feedback buttons, and the latest driver aid systems with semi-autonomous driving.
Thoughts About The Mercedes-AMG E53 & E63 S India Launch
For most people, even the semi-skimmed E53 AMG will be more than plentiful for weekend fun. However, it would be a shame if someone parks their brand new E63 AMG next to your E53 AMG.