- News Can vaccines give protection against new COVID-19 variant Omicron? Here's what top UK scientist says
- Movies Exclusive! Kumkum Bhagya Star Pooja Banerjee: I Did Three Dance Sequences During My Pregnancy
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 1st Test Day 3 Highlights: Axar Patel fifer puts hosts in control
- Finance Sovereign gold bonds 2021-22 Series VIIII Opens November 29: Check Issue Price And Other Details
- Lifestyle World AIDS Day 2021: All About Taking Care Of People Living With HIV And Yourself If You Have HIV
- Technology Vivo Watch 2 Features, Design Tipped Via Leaked Renders; How’s It Different From Original?
- Education Karnataka CET 2021 First Round Allotment Result Declared, Check KCET Cut-Off for UG Courses On kea.kar.nic.in
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Bhopal
German carmaker Mercedes has launched the AMG A45 S hot hatchback in India. The Mercedes AMG A45 S is priced at Rs 79.5 lakhs (ex-showroom, India).
Mercedes AMG A45 S Engine & Specifications
The Mercedes AMG A45 S is powered by the world's most powerful turbocharged four-cylinder engine in series production. The A45 S uses a 2.0-litre twin-scrolled turbocharged engine with dual fuel injection that produces 416bhp (421 horsepower) at 6,750rpm and 500Nm of peak torque between 5,000 and 5,250rpm. Power is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and Merc's 4Matic + all-wheel drive system.
All the power under the bonnet and the all-wheel drive system allows the Mercedes AMG A45 S to sprint from 0-100km/h in just 3.9 seconds and onwards to an electronically limited top speed of 270km/h.
The all-new Mercedes-AMG A45 S sits on 19-inch forged alloy wheels that are shod with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S 245/35 R19 tyres. To bring the hot hatch to a halt, Mercedes has fitted the A45 S with massive disc brakes on all four wheels. The front wheels are stopped by massive 330mm ventilated discs with 6 piston callipers while the rears make do with 330mm units with single-piston callipers.
Mercedes AMG A45 S Design
The Mercedes AMG A45 S design features a rather buff look compared to the regular A-Class. The front end is wider to accommodate the wider track of the A45 S. This wideness is accentuated by the AMG Panamericana grille with its vertical slats and massive Mercedes badge in the centre.
The front bumper is also an AMG special and features a wide air dam and larger intakes to cool the beast sitting under the power domes of the bonnet.
From the sides, the most dominant feature of the A45 S are the flared wheel arches which play host to large 19-inch forged alloy wheels that are painted black. The bright red brake callipers provide a contrast to the dark colour of the wheels.
The rear end of the A45 S features a subtle spoiler element on the roof. Twin 90mm diameter tailpipes flank either side of the diffuser element on the wide rear bumper.
Step inside the A45 S and you are greeted by the brilliant A-Class cabin design with its dual displays on top of the dashboard which features rotor-shaped vents for the climate control system. The infotainment display can be controlled using - touch; voice commands after the keyphrase 'Hey Mercedes'; the buttons on the steering wheel or by using the controller located between the two front seats.
Also seen on the inside is the AMG steering wheel clad in microfibre and leather and sporting a bright yellow 12 'o clock stripe. The steering wheel also host controls to open the valves for the exhaust system and to choose one of the six driving modes on offer with the A45 S - Slippery, Comfort, Sport, Sport +, Race and Individual.
Thoughts On The New Mercedes AMG A45 S
The Mercedes AMG A45 S is put simply a pocket rocket. However, with a price tag of Rs 79.5 lakhs (ex-showroom), you'll have to have really deep pockets if you want to enjoy this manic hatchback. If you do, go experience this as it is unlike any other hatchback you'll have ever driven.