- 38 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 7 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 19 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Sports Swimmers Srihari Nataraj, Maana Patel nominated for Universality places in Tokyo Olympics
- Technology Infinix Zero X Tipped To Arrive With 160W Fast Charging Support
- Finance Best Focused Equity Funds For Aggressive Long Term Investors By ICICI Direct
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
McLaren seems all set to debut in the Indian market. McLaren will be launching the 720S, 720S Spider and Artura in the Indian market. Reports reveal that prices for the three supercars will be revealed in just a few days.
McLaren is one of the few elite supercar manufacturers in the world. The brand has in the past made some brilliant supercars and continues to do so even now. McLaren currently sells the 720S, 720S Spider, 765LT, and GT in several international markets.
For a long time now, McLaren has stayed away from the Indian market. Its main competitors Ferrari and Lamborghini did officially launch their supercars in India while McLaren did not. A few of the wealthy elite couldn't wait any longer and imported McLaren's cars either via carnet or through the direct import route.
Either way, we have seen McLaren's supercars in India and we know that they cause quite a stir. They are simply the most dramatic in terms of looks and their performance is much higher than that of their competitors.
The Indian supercar market has improved over the years. The number of supercar owners in India too have increased in parallel. In other words, an official entry into the Indian market is now unavoidable for McLaren.
In 2020, there were reports of McLaren opening a dealership in Mumbai, from where the Woking-based manufacturer was expected to cater to its limited customer base across the country.
Now, McLaren's entry into the Indian market has been confirmed on the brand's website. Even though there has been no official announcement from McLaren, the configurator section of the brand's website has now listed India as one of the countries for which configuration is applicable.
The same configurator also reveals that the McLaren 765LT would not be coming to the Indian market. Trying to configure the 765LT brings up a message that says "This Model Is Not Available In India."
However, we are able to configure the McLaren 720S, 720S Spider, and Arturo for the Indian market. The 720S and 720S Spider are very similar, with the biggest difference being that the 720S gets a hard-top while the Spider is a convertible.
The McLaren 720S and 720S Spider are powered by a 3,994cc, twin-turbo V8 engine with a maximum power output of 710bhp and a peak torque output of 770Nm. 0-100km/h is done in just 2.9 seconds while 0-200km/h takes just 7.8 seconds. The supercar will go on to touch a top speed of 341km/h.
The McLaren Artura is described as a next-generation supercar by the brand. It gets a full hybrid drivetrain that produces 671bhp and 720Nm. More details are yet to be revealed.
Thoughts On McLaren 720S, 720S Spider & Artura Being Launched In India
The arrival of McLaren in the Indian market is without doubt great news for the supercar scene in the country. Should be fun to see some of these zipping about on the weekends. For those of you who can't afford it, there's always great satisfaction in using the configurator on the company's website to build the McLaren supercar of your dreams.