- 51 min ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 7 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 10 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 14 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Movies Sunny Movie Review: Jayasurya's Powerful Performance Saves This Brave Attempt
- News Bihar court's unique condition to rape accused to get bail: Wash clothes of 2000 women
- Sports IPL 2021, DC vs SRH: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation Highlights
- Finance 3 EPFO Services Subscribers Can Avail Via Digilocker
- Technology Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System Launched In India: Supports Over 120 Devices
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Education Delhi University Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Climate change is so real that even Maserati has taken the hybrid route. As part of producing greener vehicles, Maserati has launched their second hybrid model – The Maserati Levante Hybrid.
The new Maserati Levante Hybrid SUV looks fairly similar to the existing model but with few additional blue accents on the exterior, to let others know that you are an environmentally responsible person.
There is also a new exterior colour, a three-layer metallic blue shade dubbed ‘Azzurro Astro' Unlike other electrified cars, the Levante Hybrid's interior is not dominated by screens.
Yes, it may have the updated 8.4-inch infotainment screen and 7-inch driver information display on the instrument binnacle, but the interior is a lot more traditional and classy looking with two analogue dials on the instrument cluster. The only give away that it is a hybrid will be the blue stitching.
Under the hood is an Alfa Romeo sourced 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine which is combined with a 48-volt hybrid system. The combined output is a healthy 330bhp and 540Nm of torque.
However, the hybrid system in question is not a traditional hybrid system with a big battery and an electric motor. It consists of an eBooster that fills in the gap before the turbo spools up and a belt starter generator that doubles up as an alternator. As a result, the powertrain is 24kgs lighter than its V6 counterpart.
Maserati claims that despite having a 4-cylinder engine, the hybrid system allows the Maserati Levante SUV to produce low-down torque similar to a diesel engine while maintaining the smoothness of a V6 and reducing fuel consumption by 16%.
Thoughts On Maserati Levante Hybrid
The Maserati Levante Hybrid might not be your everyday Hybrid vehicle as it is more performance-oriented. However, it does give us a sneak peek into what Maserati has up its sleeves for the future.