- 33 min ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 2 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- Finance Job Postings In Travel & Tourism Sector Sees 4 Percent Rise In December: Report
- Movies Bigg Boss Ultimate Grand Launch: Start Date, TV Timings And Live Streaming Details On Disney+Hotstar!
- News Republic Day 2022 Live Updates: President Kovind to address the nation at 7 pm
- Sports Australian Open: Nadal refutes Shapovalov's claims of special treatment
- Technology Redmi Note 11s India Pricing & Detailed Features Revealed Ahead Of Feb 9 Launch
- Lifestyle Expert Talks About The Importance Of Healthy Weight, The Key For Good Health
- Education UCEED Answer Key 2022 Released At uceed.iitb.ac.in, Here’s How To Download
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Climate change is so real that even Maserati has taken the hybrid route. As part of producing greener vehicles, Maserati has launched their second hybrid model – The Maserati Levante Hybrid.
The new Maserati Levante Hybrid SUV looks fairly similar to the existing model but with few additional blue accents on the exterior, to let others know that you are an environmentally responsible person.
There is also a new exterior colour, a three-layer metallic blue shade dubbed 'Azzurro Astro' Unlike other electrified cars, the Levante Hybrid's interior is not dominated by screens.
Yes, it may have the updated 8.4-inch infotainment screen and 7-inch driver information display on the instrument binnacle, but the interior is a lot more traditional and classy looking with two analogue dials on the instrument cluster. The only give away that it is a hybrid will be the blue stitching.
Under the hood is an Alfa Romeo sourced 2.0-litre 4-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine which is combined with a 48-volt hybrid system. The combined output is a healthy 330bhp and 540Nm of torque.
However, the hybrid system in question is not a traditional hybrid system with a big battery and an electric motor. It consists of an eBooster that fills in the gap before the turbo spools up and a belt starter generator that doubles up as an alternator. As a result, the powertrain is 24kgs lighter than its V6 counterpart.
Maserati claims that despite having a 4-cylinder engine, the hybrid system allows the Maserati Levante SUV to produce low-down torque similar to a diesel engine while maintaining the smoothness of a V6 and reducing fuel consumption by 16%.
Thoughts On Maserati Levante Hybrid
The Maserati Levante Hybrid might not be your everyday Hybrid vehicle as it is more performance-oriented. However, it does give us a sneak peek into what Maserati has up its sleeves for the future.