- 9 hrs ago Rs 26,058 Crore PIL Scheme Approved By Government Of India; Government Expects 7.5 Lakh Job Opportunities & Rs
- 11 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Will Be Available In Five Different Colours; Pricing Starts From Rs 11.99 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago 2021 Kia Carnival Launched In India At Rs 24.95 Lakh: New Limousine Plus Variant Introduced
- 14 hrs ago Citroen C3 Unveiled In India Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Design, Features, Storage Space & More Details
- Lifestyle Parivartini Ekadashi 2021: Date, History And Significance Of This Festival
- News Schools, colleges in Uttar Pradesh to remain shut on Friday, Saturday in view of heavy rains
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam To Get An Indonesian Remake, Confirms Antony Perumbavoor
- Sports Dhoni named in 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Finance Air Traffic Increases 34% MoM In August
- Technology Realme Pad Review: Best Tablet In The Sub-20K Price-Point?
- Travel Awesome Beaches In India To Visit This Winter
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
Maruti Suzuki seems to be gearing up to launch the Swift and the Dzire CNG variants in India. Both models will feature the brand S-CNG technology and are expected to be powered by the 1.2-litre petrol engine.
Maruti Suzuki is a brand that currently offers the widest range of CNG vehicles in the country. The company currently offers the 1.0-litre and the 1.5-litre CNG-enabled petrol engines across various models in the line-up.
The company also offers the 1.2-litre petrol engine, which currently powers the Eeco CNG MPV. However, according to the recent reports, the upcoming Swift and the Dzire CNG variants will feature a 1.2-litre Dual-Jet VVT engine, which will be made compliant to handle mixed-fuels.
If Maruti decided to make the 1.2-litre Dual-Jet VVT engine CNG compliant, it could produce slightly lesser power and torque figures. The petrol engine currently dishes out 88bhp at 6,000rpm and 113Nm at 4400rpm. The engine could produce 10 per cent lesser power and torque figures operating under CNG fuel.
As mentioned earlier, the company will also use its S-CNG technology to optimize the performance of the engine. Maruti Suzuki S-CNG cars come equipped with Dual Interdependent ECU with Intelligent Injection System. It ensures better and consistent performance along with high fuel efficiency across all terrains.
The Swift and the Dzire CNG variants are expected to be offered in a couple of variants and are expected to carry a slight premium over the petrol-only powered counterparts.
The Swift petrol currently retails between Rs 5.81 lakh and Rs 8.42 lakh, ex-showroom. While the Dzire petrol costs between Rs 5.98 lakh and Rs 9.02 lakh, ex-showroom. The CNG variants of both models are expected to be priced at around Rs 90,000 more than the respective petrol variants.
Apart from the new CNG-enabled engine, the rest of the features on the hatchback and the compact-sedan will remain the same. This includes the brand's touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay wireless smartphone connectivity.
Regarding the brand's current CNG line-up, Maruti Suzuki currently offers a factory-fitted CNG variant of the S-Presso, Celerio, WagonR, Eeco, Alto and the Ertiga for private buyers. However, the company also offers CNG variants for commercial use such as Tour S, the Tour V, the Eeco Cargo and the Super Carry.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Swift & Dzire CNG India Launch Soon
With the fuel prices currently at an all-time high in the country, motorists are looking for alternative-fueled powered vehicles. As a result, Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to expand its cost-effective CNG line-up by adding some of the popular models such as the Swift and the Dzire.