- 3 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 6 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 7 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- 9 hrs ago TVS Buys 75% Stake In SEMG — Forays into E-Bike Market
- Technology Realme 9 Pro+ Confirms The The Use Of 50MP Sony Sensor In A Cryptic Way
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
- News Uttarakhand polls 2022: Harak Singh Rawat not in contest for first time in two decades
- Sports Big Bash League 2021-22: Full List of Award Winners, Prize Money, Records and Statistics From BBL 11th Edition
- Finance These 2 Top-Ranked Liquid Funds Are Good To Start SIP In 2022
- Movies Ananya Panday: I Wanted An Ideal Man Who Would Be Madly In Love With Me And Look At Me With Love Struck Eyes
- Lifestyle NeoCov: Wuhan Scientists Warn of New Coronavirus Strain With High Death, Infection Rate
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
Maruti Suzuki will be launching a host of models this financial year. According to the latest reports, the company is planning to add a seven-seater MPV to the premium NEXA dealership's line-up.
The new model is expected to be the seven-seater variant of the XL6, which is expected to be called the XL7. The company currently offers the MPV in a seven-seater model already in the Indonesian market, which was introduced in February 2020.
However, the XL6 7-seater MPV could be offered with a host of changes over the 6-seater model. This includes newly-designed alloy wheels with slightly wider tyres, a contrasting black roof, a rear spoiler and the model badging.
The Indonesia-spec XL7 also features a larger 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system over the XL6 model in India.
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay connectivity
- IRVM with rear camera display
- Foldable armrest
The updated MPV could feature other cosmetic changes and feature upgrades like an updated seat upholstery and more.
The seven-seater MPV will feature a boot space of 803-litres with third and second row folded, and 550-litres with just the third row folded. With all rows up, the MPV is expected to offer 153-litres boot space — which is 111-litre more than the XL6.
The XL6 is expected to be offered with the same engine and transmission options as the XL6. The MPV is currently powered by the 1.5-litre K15 petrol engine with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) mild-hybrid technology. It produces a maximum of 103bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 138Nm at 4400rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed transmission or a four-speed torque converter automatic.
It is also expected to feature a host of safety features on the MPV. This includes dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat anchors, reverse parking sensors, a high-speed warning alert, front seat belts with pre-tensioners and force limiters, ABS with EBS, ESP, and a hill-hold function.
Apart from the upcoming seven-seater MPV a.k.a XL7, Maruti Suzuki is also expected to launch other models such as the new-generation Celerio hatchback, facelifted Vitara Brezza compact SUV, the new-generation Baleno premium hatchback and also an updated Ertiga.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon
The demand for three-row practical vehicles is increasing in the country. Maruti Suzuki currently offers the XL6 and the Ertiga in the Indian market catering to the demand. However, the XL6 is only offered as 6-seater. As a result, the company could add a new seven-seater variant or launch a new model called the XL7 in India sometime next year.
Source: Autocar India