- 13 min ago Here Is An Interesting Comparison: MG Hector Vs Mahindra XUV700
- 3 hrs ago Jio-bp Launches First Mobility Station In India — Future Fuels & Charging Stations Are Here
- 3 hrs ago Enigma Automobiles Reveals Electric Cafe Racer — Bookings Open Now
- 6 hrs ago LEVC TX India Launch Soon — Iconic London Cab Set To Hit Indian Streets
- News Kolkata showing ‘worrying trend’: Amid covid spike, Centre tells Bengal govt to step up review
- Sports NZ pacer Lockie Ferguson out of T20 WC due to "grade two" calf tear
- Finance Axis Bank Record Q2FY22 Profit Of Rs. 3133 Cr.
- Technology Samsung Week Festival Sale: Discount Offers On Premium Samsung Smartphones
- Movies Akshay Kumar Starrer Sooryavanshi Scheduled To Release On Netflix On THIS Date
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
- Education West Bengal Schools And Colleges To Reopen From November 16, Check Details
Maruti Suzuki has planned to set up a new manufacturing facility in India with an investment of Rs 18,000 crore. This new factory will be located in Haryana and according to sources, is said to span between 700 Acres and 1000 Acres. The facility is expected to have a production capacity of between 7.5 lakh to 10 lakh units per year.
Maruti Suzuki has cited that the existing Gurugram plant has been facing space constraints due to increased production in recent years, it is also said that due to rapid urbanisation, the Gurugram plant is now surrounded by residential areas which further affects logistics.
So to overcome this issue, the recently proposed state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is said to replace Maruti Suzuki's existing 300-acre manufacturing facility in Gurugram. Maruti Suzuki hopes to set up the new factory as soon as possible, but the pace has slowed down due to the ongoing pandemic.
A manufacturing plant of such a scale is necessary for Maruti Suzuki in India, as the company is the largest automotive manufacturer in India by volume. It sits at the top of the sales charts and is ahead of its competition by quite a large margin.
Despite having a budget-focused customer base and the ongoing pandemic, the Japanese car manufacturer still dominated the car manufacturing industry in the country. Demand for cars is expected to skyrocket in the future and hence Maruti Suzuki is aiming at a new factory.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Setting Up New Manufacturing Facility With Investment Of Rs 18,000 Crore
Being the largest car manufacturer, and the go-to brand for many first time buyers in the country, the brand has created a foothold unparalleled by any other manufacturers.
This new plant will be a boon to both Maruti Suzuki and its customers as the latter will benefit from a reduced waiting period.