- 6 hrs ago New Royal Enfield Classic 350 India Launch: Available Without Tripper Navigation, New Colours & More
- 9 hrs ago Revolt RV300 To Be Replaced By RV1 Electric Motorcycle: Here Are All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL7 India Launch Expected Soon: Price, Expected Specs, Features & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago Ford Aspire Automatic India Launch Expected Soon: Likely To Be A 6-Speed Torque Converter
- Movies Mimi Movie Review: Kriti Sanon Delivers A 'Param Sundar' Performance Which Tugs At Your Heartstrings
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale: Special Discount Offers On New Budget Smartphones
- News Mirabai Chanu created history, entire nation is proud of her: Sports Minister Anurag Thakur
- Sports Tokyo 2020: 'Mirabai Chanu's medal has inspired the entire nation,' says sports minister Anurag Thakur
- Finance 2 Banking Stocks To Buy With An Upside Target of 28%
- Education TNGASA 2021: Tamil Nadu Arts And Science College Application Process Begins
- Lifestyle Princess Diana's Niece Lady Kitty Spencer Looks Gorgeous In Her Victorian Lace Wedding Gown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Maruti Suzuki has planned to set up a new manufacturing facility in India with an investment of Rs 18,000 crore. This new factory will be located in Haryana and according to sources, is said to span between 700 Acres and 1000 Acres. The facility is expected to have a production capacity of between 7.5 lakh to 10 lakh units per year.
Maruti Suzuki has cited that the existing Gurugram plant has been facing space constraints due to increased production in recent years, it is also said that due to rapid urbanisation, the Gurugram plant is now surrounded by residential areas which further affects logistics.
So to overcome this issue, the recently proposed state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is said to replace Maruti Suzuki's existing 300-acre manufacturing facility in Gurugram. Maruti Suzuki hopes to set up the new factory as soon as possible, but the pace has slowed down due to the ongoing pandemic.
A manufacturing plant of such a scale is necessary for Maruti Suzuki in India, as the company is the largest automotive manufacturer in India by volume. It sits at the top of the sales charts and is ahead of its competition by quite a large margin.
Despite having a budget-focused customer base and the ongoing pandemic, the Japanese car manufacturer still dominated the car manufacturing industry in the country. Demand for cars is expected to skyrocket in the future and hence Maruti Suzuki is aiming at a new factory.
Thoughts On Maruti Suzuki Setting Up New Manufacturing Facility With Investment Of Rs 18,000 Crore
Being the largest car manufacturer, and the go-to brand for many first time buyers in the country, the brand has created a foothold unparalleled by any other manufacturers.
This new plant will be a boon to both Maruti Suzuki and its customers as the latter will benefit from a reduced waiting period.