- 2 hrs ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 4 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 4 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- News Covid Vaccine: Serum to raise monthly production to 10 crore doses by Aug, Bharat Biotech promises 7.8 crore
- Movies After Rajev Paul, Sasural Simar Ka 2’s Vibha Bhagat Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Sports Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's COVID fund-raising campaign gathers steam, nearly Rs 11 crore raised
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
This Maruti Suzuki Swift is one of the best electric vehicles in India right now. Though maruti Suzuki hasn't made an electric version of the compact sedan, this group of enthusiasts didn't shy away from converting it into an EV. Developed by Northway Motorsport, this EV is claimed to have a range of around 240 kilometres and only takes an hour to charge up fully.
This Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire is one of the most advanced vehicles in the Indian market though it doesn't look like it at first glance. Though it looks like every other Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire, it is quite special. Underneath the skin is an EV conversion kit that lets you drive for 240kms on a single charge.
Despite the significantly lower running cost of electric cars, they require a higher initial cost to own. This problem is further accentuated by the government's lacklustre policies in promoting EVs.
In a country where the used car market is slowly starting to rust due to uncertainties of stringent emission regulations, an electric conversion kit makes a lot more sense in order to promote EVs than certain premium EVs with a 6 or 7-digit price tag.
Northway Motorsport is the company behind this EV conversion kit. As part of their project, Northway Motorsport has selected India's most popular sub-4-metre sedan, the Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
To make the ‘Dzire EV,' Northway Motorsport binned the internal combustion engine and everything related to it. They then plonked an electric motor and a 20kWh battery pack into the sedan. Unfortunately, Northway Motorsport has not shared most of the technical stuff as most of it is still under the Patent Process.
Northway Motorsport claims that their ‘Dzire EV' can do 0-100kmph in under 10 seconds and onto a top speed of 160kmph. The claimed range as we mentioned earlier is 240kms with the 20kWh battery fully charged up, Northway Motorsports says that more battery options will be available soon to suit different needs.
The 20kWH battery takes 8-hours to charge from a regular power socket and by using a suitable fast charger, the same feat can be achieved in just 1 hour. The Northway Motorsports Dzire EV even features regenerative braking to maximize efficiency. Unlike many EV start-ups in India, almost all components including the controller and electric motor are claimed to have been developed in-house.
Thoughts On Swift Dzire EV Conversion Kit By Northway Motorsport
With the Dzire EV, Northway Motorsport has thrown light on a different perspective to increase the number of EVs on Indian roads. As their EV is also developed by sticking to AIS regulations, we believe that EV conversion kits will soon become as popular as LPG conversion kits were in the late '90s.