- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 14 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Maruti Suzuki recently teased its upcoming vehicle on the social media platform and the teaser was put out via Nexa's social media wing.
As the teaser was released using Nexa's social media wing, the upcoming vehicle will be positioned as a premium offering from Maruti Suzuki.
The teaser shows a picture of a place that resembles a desert with tyre tread marks on the sand, moreover, the caption reads "This just in! A wild adventurous ride has been spotted making its way through different terrains! The one question is, what car is this?"
Since the teaser uses wilderness and adventure as the main theme, it is safe to believe that the teaser posted by Maruti Suzuki on social media is related to a new SUV from the manufacturer.
This means Maruti Suzuki could be launching the new Suzuki Jimny SUV in India, as it fits perfectly with the theme of the teaser released by Maruti Suzuki.
Apart from that, the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market could be tempting for Maruti Suzuki to launch the Jimny in India.
Even though Maruti Suzuki has been developing the 5-door version of the Suzuki Jimny, we believe that the 3-door version of the Jimny would be launched initially as the vehicle is already being manufactured in India.
Speaking about the Suzuki Jimny, the 4x4 SUV was launched globally two years back and quickly gained a good reputation among off-road enthusiasts
Internationally, the Suzuki Jimny is powered by the same 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder petrol engine that powers the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, Ciaz, Ertiga, XL6 and Vitara Brezza.
This engine produces a maximum of 104 bhp and 130 Nm of torque. Gearbox options include a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The Suzuki Jimny also comes with Suzuki's ALLGRIP Pro all-wheel-drive system as standard. This system has three modes - 2H, 4H and 4L. The 2H send all the power and torque from the engine to the rear wheels and this mode is used for daily driving and improves the fuel economy.
The 4H mode is used during off-road conditions that may need additional traction, whereas the 4L mode is used during extreme off-road conditions as this mode multiplies the torque sent to all wheels.
Apart from this, the Suzuki Jimny is built on a solid ladder-frame chassis that allows for endless customisation for improving the offroad credentials. Also, the Suzuki Jimny comes with a unique retro charm both on the inside and outside.
Thoughts About The Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny
It would be great if Maruti Suzuki launches the Jimny in India, especially as the 3-door variant. Not only that the Suzuki Jimny will be a unique offering in the market, but it will also make a great buy for many budding adventure seekers in the country.