- 2 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 3 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 5 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Movies Celebrity Designer Sabyasachi's Mangalsutra Advertisements Receive Backlash For Hurting Sentiments
- Technology Honor X30i With Dimensity 810 5G SoC, 90Hz Display Officially Announced; Price, Full Specifications
- Education Deepawali 2021: Essay On Diwali - The Festival Of Lights For Students
- News Aryan Khan gets bail: Here is how Bollywood celebrates the release of Shah Rukh Khan's son
- Sports IPL 2022 Retention News: Mumbai Indians not to retain Hardik Pandya; Rohit, Bumrah, Pollard to stay with team
- Lifestyle What Is Trichotillomania Or Hair-Pulling Disorder? Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatments
- Finance Major Cryptos Recover From Fall; Shiba Inu Surge Over 40%
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Maruti Suzuki Jimny is the most anticipated launch in the Indian automotive space. The arrival of the compact off-road SUV is highly speculated with rumours pouring regularly. The buzz has been massive so far after it was first showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo.
According to the recent report from ICN, the company is now expected to launch the Jimny off-road SUV sometime in July 2022. Ahead of its launch, Maruti Suzuki is expected to showcase the production-ready version of the Jimny 5-door SUV at the 2022 Auto Expo next year.
At the time of the showcase, the company could unveil both the three-door and the five-door version of the Jimny SUV. Maruti Suzuki is said to be working on a longer 5-door version of the Jimny to suit the Indian buyers.
Initially, the company scrapped the reports of Jimny launching in the Indian market. They cited saying the three-door SUV is impractical and would not have many buyers in the country. However, after the enormous success of the new-gen Mahindra Thar, which is also a three-door off-road SUV, the company might have reconsidered the launch of the Jimny three-door version.
As mentioned before, the buzz around Jimny's launch has been massive. Off-road enthusiasts and general buyers looking at purchasing a practical SUV, is eagerly awaiting the launch of the Maruti Suzuki Jimny. However, the company is yet to confirm launch plans for the upcoming SUV.
Adding to the launch speculations are the export operations of the Jimny. The off-road SUV is being assembled at the company's production facility in Gujurat. The SUV is being shipped to Latin American countries such as Columbia and Peru.
It is to be noted that only the three-door version of the SUV is currently being sold across the world. As mentioned before, the five-door model is currently under development and is yet to be revealed to the world. Ahead of its unveiling, the specs of the upcoming 5-door version of the Jimny has been leaked — here are all details.
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is currently powered by the 1.5-litre 4-cylinder K-Series naturally aspirated petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 101bhp at 6000rpm and a peak torque of 130Nm at 4000rpm. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic torque converter unit.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny India Launch Timeline Revealed
If the rumours around the Maruti Suzuki Jimny weigh up, we might actually see the off-road SUV plying on Indian roads next year. The Jimny will cater to both off-road enthusiasts and general buyers looking for a practical SUV. Once launched, the Jimny will lock horns with the Mahindra Thar and the still-to-be-launched Force Gurkha.