- 14 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 15 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 15 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Globally Unveiled: Features Electrification As Standard!
- Sports India vs England, 3rd Test: Axar Patel reveals how did he spin out English batsmen
- Finance Hindustan Copper Continues To Hit Fresh Highs; Hold Recommendation Given
- Movies Ishaan Khatter's Filmy Birthday Wish For 'Bade Bhai' Shahid Kapoor Will Leave You Smiling!
- News India is second biggest target of cyber criminals in Asia Pacific: Report
- Technology OnePlus 9R Could Be Launched Next Month With Regular And Pro Variants
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Shahid Kapoor: From Ethnic To Funky, 5 Different Impressive Looks Of The Versatile Actor
- Education ICSI CS Professional And Executive Result 2021 Today
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
Maruti Suzuki Jimny has been the talk of the town ever since it was first showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo. While there were many reports that suggested that the company will be launching the off-road SUV in the market, nothing was official from the brand.
However, in a PTI, the company's Executive Director (Marketing and Sales) Shashank Srivastava stated in an investor call, "We are currently evaluating whether the feasibility of it being launched in the domestic market. As you may recall, we had shown this Jimny at the Auto Expo in February 2020, and we got some really nice response. And we are currently studying the various aspects of the marketing as to when, if at all, we can launch that vehicle in India."
Maruti Suzuki has already commenced the export operations of the Jimny SUV in the country. The first batch of SUV was produced in India and is being shipped to Latin American countries such as Columbia and Peru. The first shipment of 184 units of the Suzuki Jimny SUV has left from Mundra port in Gujrat.
Speaking about the SUV itself, the Jimny is powered by the 1.5-litre K-Series petrol engine, similar to the ones powering a host of models in India. It produces a maximum of 103.2 bhp and a peak torque 138Nm.
The engine comes paired with a five-speed manual transmission or an optional four-speed automatic torque converter unit. The SUV is also expected to feature a four-wheel-drive transfer case and a low range transmission, as seen on the global-spec SUVs.
On the inside, the rugged off-road SUV is expected to feature similar equipment carried from the global-spec models. These include a seven-inch infotainment system with support for both Apple CarPlay and Google Android Auto, and steering mounted controls; among others.
The off-roader is expected to come equipped with a host of safety features including an electronic stability program (eSP), traction control (TC), hill-hold assist, hill descent control, and six-airbags offering superior protection to its passengers.
Along with the three-door version of the Jimny SUV, the company is also considering the development of a five-door variant of the SUV. The company believes that the four-door SUV will be a better proposition to our market over the three-door model.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Officially Confirming Jimny India Launch Being Evaluated
The Maruti Suzuki Jimny is one of the most talked-about and highly-anticipated models that is expected to be launched in the Indian market. If launched, the Jimny SUV will rival the Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Force Gurkha in the country.