- 2 hrs ago 2021 Skoda Kodiaq Spied Undisguised Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 3 hrs ago Bajaj-Triumph Motorcycle Prototype Ready; Launch Delayed Due To COVID-19
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Prices Hiked — Increase Of Up To Rs 15,000 Across Variants
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan India Launch Timeline Revealed: Expected To Arrive This Festive Season
- Movies The Empire: Kunal Kapoor Unveils First Look As Baadshah, Says The Role Is 'Fierce & Emotionally Complex'
- News DHSE Kerala Plus Two Result 2021 to be announced at 3 pm today: How to check
- Technology Oppo Reno6 4G With SD 720G Announced; Major Upgrades Over Reno6 5G
- Finance IndusInd Bank Shares Climb Over 3 Per Cent After Earnings Announcement
- Sports Tokyo 2020: Archer Pravin Jadhav reaches Men's Individual 1/16 Eliminator
- Education Uttarakhand: Schools Set To Reopen For Classes 6 To 12 From August 1
- Lifestyle Blood Flow Restriction At Tokyo Olympics 2020: Popular Fitness Trend Among Olympians
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In August
Maruti Suzuki's first electric car will be launched in India in 2025. The company has stated that the electric car will also be the first model launching under Suzuki's brand, which will go on sale in Japan and Europe followed by the launch in India.
The company is also trying to set up a battery plant in Gujarat. This should help it to keep the pricing of its EVs competitive. The upcoming electric car is expected to be priced at Rs 1.5 million Japanese Yen, which roughly translates to around Rs 10 lakh. This is the same price tag that is expected for the WagonR EV.
Additionally, the test mule of the WagonR EV has been spotted multiple times across the country that adds to the speculation of the being the first EV from the brand!
The WagonR EV is expected to offer a maximum driving range of over 250 kilometres while offering to seat 5 passengers in ease. Further, the hatchback is expected to feature fast charging which will juice up the battery from 0 to 80 per cent in under 90 minutes.
The EV version of the WagnoR is expected to borrow most of its design and features from the standard model that is currently on sale. The recently spotted test mule looked similar to the standard WagponR with a host of changes inside and out.
The test featured fog lamp units, which are placed way down the bumper below the main headlamp units. The fog lamps are integrated into the lower radiator grille. While the upper section of the faux grille combines DRLs on either side creating a seamless look.
The test mule also reveals the rear design, which has undergone subtle changes. This includes an all-new rear bumper design with a two-tone look and vertically placed rear reflectors. The taillamps also feature a smoked look.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki First Electric Car To Arrive In 2025
With the Indian & State governments gunning for faster EV adoption, the charging facilities are expected to improve massively within years. However, Maruti Suzuki will be entering the EV segment a bit later than expected.
By the time the brand launches its first EV, two of its competitors, Tata Motors and Mahindra aims to launch 10 and 6 EVs, respectively all catering to various private and commercial vehicle segments.