- 5 hrs ago Top 3 Tata Punch Alternatives
- 15 hrs ago Citroen C3: Few Things You Should Know
- 17 hrs ago Tata Punch Launched: Prices Start From Rs 5.49 Lakh
- 1 day ago New Ducati Multistrada V2 And V2 S Revealed
- Technology Apple M1 Pro, Apple M1 Max Explained: Most Powerful Apple Silicon
- Movies Aha To Premiere Shekar Kammula’s Record-Breaking Super Hit - Love Story Starring Naga Chaitanya, Sai Pallavi
- News Rain fury sweeps through India: 27 dead in Kerala, 5 in Uttarakhand; several other states affected
- Sports T20 World Cup: India vs England Warm-Up Game, Highlights: Rahul, Kishan shine as India notch up 7-wicket win
- Education CBSE Term I Date Sheet 2021 Update: CBSE Class 10 And 12 Term I Date Sheet Released On CBSE.Gov.In Site
- Lifestyle Headphones, AirPods And Cancer: Is There A Link?
- Finance 4 Big Ipos Lined Up To Open For Public Subscription Soon
- Travel International Travel News: US To Ease Travel Curbs For Fully Vaccinated Foreigners From November 8
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it will extend the maintenance shutdown in the country. The temporary suspension of operations across its various facilities in India was first announced till May 9, 2021.
However, the deadline was extended to May 16.2021 due to the continued threat from the spread of Coronavirus. Now the company has decided to extend the deadline for the second time. The Company has been informed that Suzuki Motor Gujarat has taken the same decision.
In addition to this, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. (MSIL) also announced that it will help ramp up the production of oxygen in the country. The company will be rapidly installing Oxygen PSA plants, both to produce life-saving oxygen as well as reduce the immense logistical problems.
The company stated, "It was found that these plants are being made by small scale units with very limited resources or the ability to scale up production. We located two companies in the NCR area, Airox Nigen Equipments Pvt Ltd and SAM Gas Projects Pvt Ltd. They were flooded with orders but had a capacity to manufacture only 5-8 plants a month. We decided to use our resources to help scale up their production."
MSIL and its vendors would use their capabilities to rapidly scale up production. MSIL's involvement would be on a no-profit basis. The company has arranged new sources for Zeolite for Airox's production facility in Ahmedabad. It is an imported material and critical for a PSA plant and will be airfreighted to the company.
Additionally, the company is also sourcing compressors for Airox to help increase production. Airox has already reached an output of one PSA plant every day. However, this number will be increased to 4 plants per day within May itself.
On the other hand, SAM Gas Projects Pvt Ltd is being assisted by MSIL vendor JBML. This company is expected to produce 20-30 plants in May. MSIL and its vendors will procure oxygen plants from these two companies and donate them for medical use.
In addition to the procured plant, the MSIL team is working to ensure that all PSA plants are installed and commissioned immediately after it is procured.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Extends Temporary Suspension Of Manufacturing
Maruti Suzuki will continue to carry out maintenance work at its production facilities with very low manpower. This will also help curb the second wave of Covid-19 spread in the country. In addition to this, the company is also working on increasing the production of oxygen by setting up PSA plants across the country.