- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2 Actor Nakuul Mehta Shares An Update About His Health, Thanks Fans For Their Wishes
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Maruti Suzuki announces Ciaz sales crossing the 3 lakh units mark since its India launch. According to the company, it is the fastest sedan in the segment to register the 3 lakh sales milestone mark.
The company stated that Ciaz's segment-leading space, plush interiors and a powerful 1.5-litre petrol engine with Smart Hybrid technology are the reasons for customers choosing its sedan over its rivals.
Speaking on the milestone, Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Since its launch in 2014, Ciaz has redefined the segment with its class-leading space, design and sophistication & has witnessed a resounding success in the highly competitive premium sedan segment. The milestone of 3 Lakh sales demonstrates customer's faith and confidence in the brand."
The sedan is powered by the same 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand's (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Some of the exterior features include projector headlamps, LED taillamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, a chrome-finished window line and more. The Sporty Ciaz S variant also receives a couple of exterior upgrades with aggressive-looking bumpers and more.
Moving to the interiors, the Ciaz features a touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Maruti Suzuki is also offering the Suzuki S-Connect connected technology. This features an advanced telematics solution, which enables features like security alerts, geo-fence, vehicle status, navigation to the car and many more.
Other features include a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, climate control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensor and camera, ESP with a hill-hold assist, and rear ac vents; among others.
The Ciaz is currently sold at Maruti's premium Nexa dealership chain. The sedan is available in 5 variants including the sporty Ciaz S trim, and it is priced between Rs 8.72 lakh and Rs 11.71 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Additionally, there are talks of the Ciaz being sold under Toyota's brand. It will be the third model to get rebadged and sold by Toyota in India. The business venture between two automakers started with the Glanza, which is a rebadged Baleno. The second model was the Urban Cruiser, which is a rebadged Vitara Brezza.
The rebadged sedan will mostly likely undergo subtle changes. This includes a couple of interiors and exterior design updates. However, Toyota's sedan will remain the same as Ciaz including all the mechanicals.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Sales Cross 3 Lakh Units Mark
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is one of the few sedans that are registering decent sales numbers amidst the SUV frenzy in India. Despite the market continue to favour diesel powertrains, the sedan has managed to hit a new milestone for the brand with a single-engine option. The Ciaz rivals the likes of the Honda City, Skoda Rapid, and the Toyota Yaris in India.