- 2 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 17 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 18 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 18 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- News BJP leader performs havan to ward off COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz could be Toyota's next rebadged model to be sold in India. The company could replace the Yaris sedan with a rebadged Ciaz sedan in the country. It will be the third model that will be rebadged and sold under the partnership between two automakers.
Ahead of its launch, few images from TeamBHP showcases the Ciaz's grille featuring a Toyota badge. The pictures add to the speculations and rumours of Toyota adding another rebadged Maruti Suzuki model to its Indian line-up.
Toyota currently sells the Yaris sedan which is placed in the same segment like the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. As a result, if Toyota decides to launch the rebadged Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, it could very well mark the end of the Yaris sedan in the Indian market.
The rebadged sedan will mostly likely undergo subtle changes. This includes a couple of interiors and exterior design updates. However, most of the sedan will remain the same including all the mechanicals.
The Toyota version of the Ciaz will be powered by the same 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand's (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Some of the exterior features include projector headlamps, LED taillamps, alloy wheels, a chrome-finished window line and more. All of these will be retained on Toyota's version of the sedan as well.
Moving to the interiors, the Ciaz features a touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features include a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, climate control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and rear ac vents; among others.
As mentioned before, the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz will be the third model to get rebadged and sold by Toyota in India. The business venture between two automakers started with the Glanza, which is a rebadged Baleno. The second model was the Urban Cruiser, which is a rebadged Vitara Brezza.
Talking about the partnership between both brands, Toyota and Suzuki had executed a memorandum of understanding back in 2017. Also, back in March 2018, both companies formed a basic agreement for supplying hybrid and other vehicles to each other in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Possibly Being The Next Rebadged Model By Toyota
The demand for sedan models has drastically reduced over the year in the Indian market. However, there is still a substantial amount of market share being held by the C-segment sedans. This includes the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, the Toyota Yaris and the segment best-seller the Honda City. Whether the rebadged Ciaz will be the next move from Toyota remains to be seen.