- 11 hrs ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 14 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 17 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 18 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- Technology Flipkart Electronics Sale 2022: Best Discount Deals On Mid-Range Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Jan 28 Highlights: Karan, Tejasswi & Other Finalists Get Emotional After Watching Their AVs
- Finance Union Budget 2022 Stock Buy: Cement Stock That Could Benefit From Infra Spends
- News India closely following developments in Ukraine, calls for peaceful resolution of situation
- Lifestyle Opinion: Did COVID-19 In India Take Away Safety Net Of Poor School-Going Children?
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Daniel Chima Chukwu on target as Jamshedpur down FC Goa
- Education Assam TET Re-Evaluation Result 2021 Declared, Download Lower Primary, Upper Primary TET Result Here
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
Toyota is said to be working on the rebadged versions of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz could be Toyota's next rebadged model to be sold in India. It will be the third model that will be rebadged and sold under the partnership between two automakers after the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser.
This partnership between both brands, Toyota and Suzuki, had executed a memorandum of understanding back in 2017. Also, back in March 2018, both companies formed a basic agreement for supplying hybrid and other vehicles to each other in the Indian market.
The rebadged sedan will mostly likely undergo subtle changes. A recent trademark filing by the brand in India hints that the model could be called the Toyota Belta, which is currently used for a Toyota sedan sold in the Japanese market. This includes a couple of interiors and exterior design updates. However, most of the sedan will remain the same including all the mechanicals.
Some of the exterior features include projector headlamps, LED taillamps, alloy wheels, a chrome-finished window line and more. All of these will be retained on Toyota's version of the sedan as well. On the inside, the Ciaz features a touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features include a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, climate control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and rear ac vents; among others.
Mechanically, the upcoming car from Toyota will be powered by the same 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand's (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Possibly Being The Next Rebadged Model By Toyota
The demand for sedan models has drastically reduced over the years in the Indian market. However, there is still a substantial amount of market share being held by the C-segment sedans. Now it remains to be seen what will be the next move from toyota, till then stay tuned.