- 30 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 14 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Sports There was no way we could stay in Pakistan after receiving credible threat: NZC CEO White
- News Punjab Congress crisis: CLP meeting deferred; Announcement on Amarinder Singh’s successor today
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
Toyota is said to be working on the rebadged versions of the Maruti Suzuki Ciaz. The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz could be Toyota's next rebadged model to be sold in India. It will be the third model that will be rebadged and sold under the partnership between two automakers after the Glanza and the Urban Cruiser.
This partnership between both brands, Toyota and Suzuki, had executed a memorandum of understanding back in 2017. Also, back in March 2018, both companies formed a basic agreement for supplying hybrid and other vehicles to each other in the Indian market.
The rebadged sedan will mostly likely undergo subtle changes. A recent trademark filing by the brand in India hints that the model could be called the Toyota Belta, which is currently used for a Toyota sedan sold in the Japanese market. This includes a couple of interiors and exterior design updates. However, most of the sedan will remain the same including all the mechanicals.
Some of the exterior features include projector headlamps, LED taillamps, alloy wheels, a chrome-finished window line and more. All of these will be retained on Toyota's version of the sedan as well. On the inside, the Ciaz features a touchscreen infotainment system that supports wireless smartphone connectivity such as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features include a semi-digital instrument cluster, a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, cruise control, climate control, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD and rear ac vents; among others.
Mechanically, the upcoming car from Toyota will be powered by the same 1.5-litre K-Series engine with the brand's (SVHS) Smart Hybrid Vehicle from Suzuki mild-hybrid technology. It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Possibly Being The Next Rebadged Model By Toyota
The demand for sedan models has drastically reduced over the years in the Indian market. However, there is still a substantial amount of market share being held by the C-segment sedans. Now it remains to be seen what will be the next move from toyota, till then stay tuned.