- 23 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Sports IPL 2021: Full schedule of remainder of IPL 14 in UAE, time in IST, CSK to face MI in opening match
- News WATCH: Himachal bridge hit by boulders rolling down hill
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Maruti Suzuki has announced their sale figures for the month of December 2020. The company reported a 20.2 per cent growth in overall sales in the previous month. Maruti Suzuki registered 160,226 units of sales last month, compared to 133,296 units in December 2019.
The company also announced a domestic sales growth of 19.5 per cent with 150,288 units of sales last month; a hike from 125, 753 units of sales in December 2019.
The domestic sales also include 3,808 units sent to other OEMs, which includes the Vitara Brezza sold as the Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Baleno sold as the Toyota Glanza.
Export sales witnessed a higher growth of 31.4 per cent increase from 7561 units in December 2019 to 9938 units last month.
Coming to the passenger segment, the Maruti Suzuki hatchbacks led the charts registering an 18.2 per cent growth with 77,641 units of sales. This includes models such as the WagonR, Swift, Baleno. The mini segment consisting of the Alto and S-Presso models registered a 4.4 per cent growth from 23,883 units last year to 24,927 units of sales last month.
The UV segment of Maruti Suzuki also registered a growth of 8 per cent. The segment consisting of the Vitara Brezza, Ertiga, S-Cross and the XL6 registered 25,701 units last month, compared to 23,808 units in December 2019.
However, the mid-size sedan segment consisting of the Ciaz registered a massive 28.9 per cent decline; falling from 1786 units last year to 1270 units in December 2020.
Maruti Suzuki also registered an 18 per cent decline in sales during the April - December period. The company registered 965,626 units of sales between the April - December 2020 period, compared to a higher 1,178,272 units during the same period in 2019. This decline is mainly due to the 0 sales figures during the lockdown period.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Car Sales Report For December 2020
The Maruti Suzuki car sales have been witnessing increasing growth month-on-month. The company continues to dominate the Indian four-wheeler industry, registering the highest sales.