- 9 hrs ago New Kia Sonet With Updated Logo Arrives At Dealerships Ahead Of India Launch: Pics & Details
- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Railway Transportation Milestone Mark Achieved: Ships Over 7.2 Lakh Vehicles
- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Could Be Rebadged & Sold As The Toyota Belta: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS 125 Launched In India At Rs 93,690: The Naked-Street Enters The 125cc Segment
- Movies Sushant Singh Rajput's Father KK Singh Moves To Delhi HC To Ban Films On The Late Actor's Life
- Sports European Super League: Breakaway competition appears to crumble as Chelsea, Man City lead reported exodus
- News Indian COVID variant still under investigation in UK, not yet of concern: Boris Johnson
- Finance Short Of Money Amid Covid 19: Easy And Low Cost Borrowing Options
- Education Maharashtra Class 10 Board Exams 2021 Cancelled: Minister Varsha Gaikwad
- Technology Realme X7 Pro Extreme Might Debut As Realme X7 Max In India; Expected Price, Specs
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Lifestyle 8 Beauty Lessons You Need To Take From Bhumi Pednekar’s Instagram Feed
Maruti Suzuki has announced their sale figures for the month of December 2020. The company reported a 20.2 per cent growth in overall sales in the previous month. Maruti Suzuki registered 160,226 units of sales last month, compared to 133,296 units in December 2019.
The company also announced a domestic sales growth of 19.5 per cent with 150,288 units of sales last month; a hike from 125, 753 units of sales in December 2019.
The domestic sales also include 3,808 units sent to other OEMs, which includes the Vitara Brezza sold as the Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Baleno sold as the Toyota Glanza.
Export sales witnessed a higher growth of 31.4 per cent increase from 7561 units in December 2019 to 9938 units last month.
Coming to the passenger segment, the Maruti Suzuki hatchbacks led the charts registering an 18.2 per cent growth with 77,641 units of sales. This includes models such as the WagonR, Swift, Baleno. The mini segment consisting of the Alto and S-Presso models registered a 4.4 per cent growth from 23,883 units last year to 24,927 units of sales last month.
The UV segment of Maruti Suzuki also registered a growth of 8 per cent. The segment consisting of the Vitara Brezza, Ertiga, S-Cross and the XL6 registered 25,701 units last month, compared to 23,808 units in December 2019.
However, the mid-size sedan segment consisting of the Ciaz registered a massive 28.9 per cent decline; falling from 1786 units last year to 1270 units in December 2020.
Maruti Suzuki also registered an 18 per cent decline in sales during the April - December period. The company registered 965,626 units of sales between the April - December 2020 period, compared to a higher 1,178,272 units during the same period in 2019. This decline is mainly due to the 0 sales figures during the lockdown period.
Thoughts On The Maruti Suzuki Car Sales Report For December 2020
The Maruti Suzuki car sales have been witnessing increasing growth month-on-month. The company continues to dominate the Indian four-wheeler industry, registering the highest sales.