- 7 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 10 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 14 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- Finance Auto and Media Stock To Buy From Broking Firm Sharekhan For Good Gains
- Movies Sidharth Malhotra On Doing Romantic Film With Kiara Advani; 'Everyday I Keep Getting Messages On Social Media'
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- News Cong social media department passes resolution to make Rahul Gandhi party president
- Sports Lewandowski scores again as Bayern Munich routs Bochum
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
Maruti Suzuki may start selling Baleno through its Arena dealerships. According to sources, the largest carmaker in India may consider selling its premium hatchback, the Baleno across its Arena dealerships throughout India.
At present, Maruti Suzuki sells its vehicles through two types of retail showrooms; Arena and Nexa, where Nexa showrooms are aimed to give customers a more premium experience.
Though Maruti Suzuki is still the undisputed sales champion in India by quite some margin, the brand has been experiencing some decline in sales.
Even though this can be simply pointed out at the pandemic, but when compared to sales of other brands, it is clear that the Japanese brand is starting to lose some of its sales to newer cars in the market.
This fact becomes more highlighted when we consider the fact that Maruti Suzuki last launched a brand new vehicle two years back. As far as I know, there are two other brands that do these types of things and both of them are Italian.
Despite the Maruti Suzuki Baleno being in the market for some time and being sold only through its premium Nexa dealerships, it is still selling strong against its competitors.
This may have egged Maruti Suzuki to consider selling Baleno hatchback through Arena dealerships, as it has a larger retail base and can provide more 'touch points' across the map.
Though this may seem like a disadvantage to Nexa dealerships across India, Maruti Suzuki is more likely to introduce the upcoming heavily updated Baleno as a Nexa exclusive.
Speaking about the upcoming updated Baleno, there have been numerous spy shots of the car being tested with a heavy camouflage covering. This means the updated Baleno may receive plenty of updates on the exterior and interior as well.
We expect the updated Baleno to come with a host of new features to compete with the latest offerings from its main competitor brands.
The updates may include a fully digital instrument cluster, a larger touchscreen infotainment system, connected-car tech, and updated upholstery. There are even rumours that Maruti Suzuki may add some updated safety features as well.
However, there is no information regarding whether there will be any updates in the powertrain of the upcoming updated Baleno.
At present, the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is available with two choices of engines, in which one of them is slightly electrified.
The first choice is a 1.2-litre naturally aspirated K12 petrol engine with 82 bhp and 113 Nm of torque. The next version is a naturally aspirated 1.2-litre Dualjet petrol engine with slightly more power at 89bhp.
Both engines come mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard, however, the CVT automatic gearbox can only be had with a VVT engine.
Maruti Suzuki Baleno is available in four different trim levels and prices start from 5.98 lakhs and goes up to 9.30 lakhs for the top-end variant.
Thoughts About Maruti Suzuki Selling Baleno Through Arena Dealerships
Though Maruti Suzuki is still at the top of the sales chart, it is a fact that its competitors are catching up fast with newer launches.
Despite having a lesser number of Nexa dealerships, Maruti Suzuki Baleno is one of the best selling hatchbacks in the country. So, in order to increase sales, selling the Baleno through its Arena dealerships is an easy way.