- 4 hrs ago Ather 450X Price After Subsidy Under Fame 2 Incentives: City-Wise Price List & FAQs
- 5 hrs ago 2021 BMW R 1250 GS BS6 India Launch Teased: Expected Price & Available Variants
- 5 hrs ago Driving License & Vehicle Registration Validity Extended Until 30 September
- 7 hrs ago Hero Electric Scooter Prices Dropped By Up To Rs 15,000: Optima HX FAME 2 Subsidy Revised Price List
- Finance Grofers Co-Founder Saurabh Kumar Exits Company
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
- Education UGC Launches Academic Job Portal For NET, SET, PhD Qualified Candidates
- News 'The Flying Sikh' Milkha Singh cremated with full state honours
- Movies Ranbir Kapoor And Imtiaz Ali's Next Project Is Not The Amar Singh Chamkila Biopic?
- Lifestyle Father’s Day 2021: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day
- Sports Milkha Singh passes away: Indian cricket team wear black armbands as a mark of respect to the ‘Flying Sikh’
- Technology OnePlus Nord CE 5G Gets Second Update Following Launch; What's Improved?
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback sales have crossed the 9 lakh milestone mark since its first launch. The premium hatchback was added to the company's portfolio back in the year 2015.
It is also the second model to be sold in the brand's Nexa Experience premium retail store. According to the company, the Baleno is the fastest four-wheeler to reach 9 lakh sales in the country.
Within a year of its launch in the Indian market, the Baleno had achieved the 1 lakh sale milestone for the brand back in 2016. The sales of the hatchback reached the 2 lakh mark within a year from the first milestone.
In November 2018, the company achieved 5 lakh sales of the Baleno. The landmark achievement was posted after just 3 years of its launch. In the year 2019, the Baleno sales increased by 2 more lakhs bringing the overall total to 7 lakh units.
Last year during October, where the industry was recovering from a massive auto slowdown, the company announced that their premium hatchback has increased its cumulative sales to a total of 8 lakh units.
Now, after just 6 months, the company has sold another 1 lakh units in domestic and international markets. As a result, the Baleno is now the best and fastest selling premium hatchback in the country.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India and is exported to many overseas markets such as Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle-East and South-East Asia. Baleno is also part of the strategic partnership between Suzuki and Toyota. It is currently being sold as the premium hatchback in the name of Glaza.
The Baleno hatchback carried the legendary name that came from the sedan model which was on sale in the Indian market earlier. After it was discontinued, the brand brought back the name via the premium hatchback.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is offered in four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The premium hatchback retails between Rs 5.90 lakh and Rs 9.10 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Baleno is currently offered in two engine options: the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.2-litre mild-hybrid petrol units. The non-hybrid engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or an automatic CVT. On the other hand, the mild-hybrid engine is offered with a five-speed manual as standard.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crossing 9 Lakh Units
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno picked up where the enthusiast sedan left off. After being on sales for just 6 years, the premium-hatchback has created history for the brand by clocking sales of over 9 lakh units.
The Baleno rivals the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, and the Tata Altroz in the Indian market.