- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 10 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 11 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 12 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno premium hatchback sales have crossed the 9 lakh milestone mark since its first launch. The premium hatchback was added to the company's portfolio back in the year 2015.
It is also the second model to be sold in the brand's Nexa Experience premium retail store. According to the company, the Baleno is the fastest four-wheeler to reach 9 lakh sales in the country.
Within a year of its launch in the Indian market, the Baleno had achieved the 1 lakh sale milestone for the brand back in 2016. The sales of the hatchback reached the 2 lakh mark within a year from the first milestone.
In November 2018, the company achieved 5 lakh sales of the Baleno. The landmark achievement was posted after just 3 years of its launch. In the year 2019, the Baleno sales increased by 2 more lakhs bringing the overall total to 7 lakh units.
Last year during October, where the industry was recovering from a massive auto slowdown, the company announced that their premium hatchback has increased its cumulative sales to a total of 8 lakh units.
Now, after just 6 months, the company has sold another 1 lakh units in domestic and international markets. As a result, the Baleno is now the best and fastest selling premium hatchback in the country.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is exclusively manufactured in India and is exported to many overseas markets such as Australia, Europe, Latin America, Africa, Middle-East and South-East Asia. Baleno is also part of the strategic partnership between Suzuki and Toyota. It is currently being sold as the premium hatchback in the name of Glaza.
The Baleno hatchback carried the legendary name that came from the sedan model which was on sale in the Indian market earlier. After it was discontinued, the brand brought back the name via the premium hatchback.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is offered in four variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha. The premium hatchback retails between Rs 5.90 lakh and Rs 9.10 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Baleno is currently offered in two engine options: the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.2-litre mild-hybrid petrol units. The non-hybrid engine is offered with either a five-speed manual or an automatic CVT. On the other hand, the mild-hybrid engine is offered with a five-speed manual as standard.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sales Crossing 9 Lakh Units
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno picked up where the enthusiast sedan left off. After being on sales for just 6 years, the premium-hatchback has created history for the brand by clocking sales of over 9 lakh units.
The Baleno rivals the Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, and the Tata Altroz in the Indian market.