- 8 hrs ago Ola Electric CEO Hints Electric Car: Next Big Step For Ola?
- 10 hrs ago 2022 Honda CBR 650R Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 9.35 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Komaki Ranger & Venice Electric Two Wheelers Launched In India: Prices Start From Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Five Things You Should Know About The 2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid: Generation, Design & More
- News PM Modi committed to honouring real heroes: Amit Shah on Padma awards
- Movies Bro Daddy Twitter Review: Did Mohanlal-Prithviraj Sukumaran's Film Impress The Audience?
- Finance Union Budget 2022-23: Here's What The Insurance Industry Expects
- Sports ISL 2021-22: Super-sub Irshad earns NorthEast United FC draw against Mumbai City FC
- Education Republic Day 2022: Interesting Facts About Republic Day Parade
- Technology Oppo Reno7 5G India Pricing Tipped Ahead Of February 4 Launch
- Lifestyle Know About Tongue Thrust In Newborns And Children: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Travel National tourism Day 2022: Explore South India And Reclaim Your Post-Lockdown Freedom
Maruti Suzuki India is currently analysing customer feedback in India to ensure the feasibility of introducing Maruti Suzuki Jimny to strengthen its SUV portfolio.
Though the Suzuki Jimny is a compact SUV, unlike the current crop of compact SUVs in India, the Suzuki Jimny is an off-road SUV, making it slightly less practical and more purpose-built. This unique character of Jimny could become a double-edged sword for Maruti Suzuki in the country.
Earlier, Maruti Suzuki even released a teaser of the Maruti Suzuki Jimny on social media platforms using Nexa's official social media accounts.
The teaser showed a picture of a desert with the tread pattern of the tyres on the sand. This teaser clearly depicts that the vehicle in the teaser is an off-road vehicle that has been designed to take people beyond the roads.
Apart from that, the caption read "This just in! A wild adventurous ride has been spotted making its way through different terrains! The one question is, what car is this?"
At present, the three-door version of the Suzuki Jimny is being manufactured at the Japanese brand's manufacturing facility in Gurugram and exported to the Middle East and African markets.
The Suzuki Jimny is a highly successful and highly rated model in all the places its been launched due to its off-road capability and simplicity, and Maruti Suzuki wants to enjoy the same success in India.
During an interaction with PTI, Shashank Srivastava Senior Executive Director (Sales and Marketing) of Maruti Suzuki India said, "It is a segment worth looking into, that is the reason why we exhibited it in the Auto Expo 2020. We have collected some very good feedback from the customers. We are studying this feedback and we will definitely see if we can introduce the product here,"
Further strengthening the Maruti Suzuki's decision to launch the Jimny in India is the success of the new Mahindra Thar in the Indian market. This could tempt the Japanese manufacturer to launch the Maruti Suzuki Jimny in India.
Though Maruti Suzuki has been developing the 5-door version of the Suzuki Jimny, the 3-door version of the Jimny would be launched initially as the vehicle is already being manufactured in India.
The volumes are less but such vehicles lift the image of an OEM. At the same time, it also helps support many customer aspirations," he added.
Speaking about the Suzuki Jimny, the 4x4 SUV is powered by the same 1.5-litre naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder petrol engine that powers the Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, Ciaz, Ertiga, XL6 and Vitara Brezza in India.
This engine is capable of producing a maximum of 104 bhp and 130 Nm of torque. Gearbox options include a 5-speed manual transmission or a 4-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
The Suzuki Jimny also comes with Suzuki's ALLGRIP Pro all-wheel-drive system as standard and has three modes - 2H, 4H and 4L. The 2H mode sends all the power and torque from the engine to the rear wheels and this mode is used for daily driving and improves the fuel economy.
The 4H mode is used during off-road conditions that may need additional traction, whereas the 4L mode is used during extreme off-road conditions as this mode multiplies the torque sent to all wheels.
Apart from this, the Suzuki Jimny is built on a solid ladder-frame chassis that allows for endless customisation for improving the offroad credentials.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Jimny
If Maruti Suzuki launches the Jimny in India, it will be one of the best things the Japanese manufacturer could do to please the enthusiasts in the country. Moreover, the Suzuki Jimny will be a unique offering in the market and the SUV will make a great buy for many budding adventure seekers in the country.