- 3 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 7 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- 1 day ago Tata Punch Reaches Dealerships Before Its Official Launch; Tata Bets Big On Punch
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- News AUKUS neither relevant to Quad nor will impact on its functioning: India's first reaction
- Sports Hungary punished with one-match ban following racist behaviour against England
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
The first unit of the Mahindra XUV700 has rolled out of Mahindra's production facility. The Mahindra XUV700 is the successor of XUV500 and was recently launched by the Indian auto giant.
The Mahindra XUV700 is one of the most awaited vehicles in the country and the manufacturer had recently launched the vehicle on 14th August. Even though the SUV has been launched, official bookings are yet to start and will most likely commence from September onwards.
However, most dealerships have already started bookings for the XUV700 at the dealership level to support their revenue generation. The new XUV700 will replace the ageing Mahindra XUV500 and it competes with the Hyundai Alcazar, Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus, and the Jeep Compass.
However, Mahindra launched the XUV700 with an aggressive price tag of Rs 11.99 lakhs. With this pricing, the new Mahindra XUV700 has been the talk of the town and has gained the interest of prospective buyers across various segments.
Even thoselooking for a sub 4metre SUV have now started to show interest in the XUV700 because of the aggressive pricing.
However, Mahindra has not revealed the prices of other variants or the features that will be present on the base variant.
According to sources, the display units for showrooms will be dispatched at the end of this month and deliveries will commence shortly thereafter.
Design-wise, Mahindra has played it safe with an evolutionary design. This means the overall silhouette remains similar and yet it can be instantly recognised as the XUV700 without being mistaken for its predecessor. To achieve this, Mahindra has carefully redesigned every body panel of the XUV700 without being too drastic.
However, it is with the interior that Mahindra has hit the ball out of the park. Starting with the flush door handles reminiscent of the latest Range Rovers that grant you access to the ‘jaw-dropping' Interiors. Once inside, all the attention is drawn towards the two large screens on the dashboard and reminds us of the latest Mercedes-Benz S-Class. However, it is not the only tech that is around to keep you busy.
The new Mahindra XUV700 comes loaded with many features such as Alexa virtual assistant, Adaptive Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, ‘Auto Headlamp Booster', seat ventilation, electrically adjustable seats and many more.
On the safety front, Mahindra has not skimped on any equipment with lifesaving inclusions such as ABS with EBD, Airbags, Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and a few more.
It is under the hood that Mahindra has really hit it hard, at least on paper. The Mahindra XUV700 can be availed with two engine options: a petrol unit and a diesel unit. The petrol engine is a 2.0-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 200PS of power and 380Nm of torque, whereas the diesel unit is a 2.2-litre turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 185PS and 450Nm of torque. However, if the diesel unit is mated to a manual transmission, the torque is limited to 420Nm.
Speaking of transmissions, the new XUV700 can be specced with a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic gearbox, and it also comes with an option for all-wheel-drive.
Thoughts On Mahindra XUV700 Production Starting
The launch of the new Mahindra XUV700 with its aggressive pricing has triggered tremors across many segments, it even managed to pull in interest from customers looking for SUVs under the 4-metre mark.
Many doubted the ability of Mahindra to create a vehicle that can stand toe-to-toe with the latest tech-savvy offerings in the segment and the brand's ability to recreate the success of XUV500 in India. However, Mahindra has silenced its critics with its latest offering and we expect Mahindra to replicate the success of the XUV500.