- 55 min ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 4 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Sports With good balance of youth and experience, head coach Bozidar is confident of CFC’s chances in ISL 2021-22
- Movies Kamya Panjabi Regrets Not Meeting Sidharth Shukla Post Bigg Boss 13, Says ‘We Used To Laugh So Much’
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Finance How To Choose ELSS Fund To Save Tax And Create Wealth?
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Mahindra reveals the prices of the much-awaited XUV700 in India. The XUV700 will start at Rs 11.99 lakh, ex-showroom and is offered in two main variants and four trim options. Further, the new SUV will be offered in diesel and petrol engine options with optional AWD system.
Variants & Pricing
|MX Petrol||₹11.99 Lakh|
|MX Diesel||₹12.49 Lakh|
|AX3 Petrol||₹13.99 Lakh|
|AX5 Petrol||₹14.99 Lakh|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
Exterior Design & Styling
Mahindra has given the XUV700 a recognisable design that is inspired by the outgoing XUV500. Upfront the new SUV features an all-new grille with vertical slats with a dual-tone black and chrome finish. The grille also houses the new logo that is reserved for the brand's SUV line-up.
The lower half of the front bumper features fog lamps and another radiator grille. Also at the very bottom is the silver-finished faux skid plate. However, the highlight of the front fascia has to be the new LED headlamp units integrated with c-shaped LED DRLs.
The side profile of the XUV700 gives away the increased dimension of the SUV. The shoulder line steps above and adds to the bigger footprint of the SUV. Although the roofline looks like it is sloping down, it is actually the clever body panelling that gives a sloping roofline effect from the exterior. The highlight of the XUV700's side profile has to be the new dual-tone multi-spoke 18-inch alloy wheel.
The rear of the new SUV has undergone a more substantial restyling staring with a larger taillamp. The new split-taillamps wraps around the rear fender and is of a boomerang shape. Also, there is a sharp protrusion across the length on the boot lid, which has been carried on the inner side of the taillamps as well.
The rear bumper features faux skid plates and reflectors as well. Other exterior features include roof rails, shark-fin antenna, and an integrated roof spoiler; among others. The XUV700 also gets flush door handles, which adds to the overall premium exterior design of the SUV.
Interiors, Features & Technology
Starting with the biggest interior feature, the XUV700 will be offered as 5-seater or 7-seater configurations. The middle row seating will be offered as a bench seat irrespective of the seating layout.
The seats are power-operated and ventilated to offer maximum comfort to the driver and co-passenger. The entire cabin is wrapped in leather to enhance the overall look and feel. The large panoramic sunroof called the 'Skyroof' offers an airy feel to the cabin.
Coming to the technology and features, the XUV700 comes equipped with a single slab of glass on the dashboard that integrates the dual 10.25-inch fully digital instrument cluster and infotainment touchscreen displays. These screens are powered by Adrenox, which is the best in the business for UI/UX design.
Enhancing the feel inside the cabin is a premium sound system from Sony. The audio system setup includes a 13 channel DSP amplifier, 12 custom-designed speakers including sub-woofer and Sony's Sound Building Blocks, 360 spatial sound technology. The total audio output is rated at 445Watts.
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Amazon Alexa enabled
- Over 60 connected features
- E-sim based connected technology
- Voice assistant
- Ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate control
- 2nd and 3rd row AC vents
- Air purifier
Engine & Transmission
The XUV700 is offered in multiple engine and transmission options. Mahindra is also offering the new SUV with an optional AWD (All-Wheel Drive) system catering to off-road enthusiast buyers.
2.0-litre turbo petrol
- Max power: 198bhp
- Peak torque: 380Nm
- Transmission: 6MT or 6AT
- 0 to 60kmph in 5 seconds
- Top speed: 200kmph
2.2-litre turbo diesel
- Max power: 183bhp
- Peak torque: 420Nm (MT)
- Peak torque: 450Nm (AT)
- Transmission: 6MT or 6AT
The XUV700 also feature several drive modes as well. These include:
The XUV700 is the most advanced product that will be launched by the brand. It features a ton of active and safety features in addition to the ADAS (Advanced Driver Assisted System).
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Auto headlamp booster
- Personalized safety alerts
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driver drowsiness alert
- Lane-keep assist
- Electronic locking differential
- Traction control
- Electronic stability control
Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the Hyundai Alcazar, MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the upcoming Jeep Meridian.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch
The Mahindra XUV700 is the most advanced product from the brand and is a head-turner. The SUV is packed with a host of features and technology with matching performance and safety. At 11.99 lakh, the XUV700's pricing is very aggressive and is out of the park.