- 12 hrs ago No Reduction In Import Duties For Tesla Says Government — Tesla Cars To Remain Expensive In India
- 16 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Launching On August 15 — Most-Awaited EV Launch To Happen On Independence Day
- 16 hrs ago INS Vikrant Sea Trials Begin — All You Need To Know About The Made-In-India Aircraft Carrier
- 16 hrs ago Honda Amaze Facelift Bookings Open: New Teaser Released Ahead Of India Launch
- Technology Amazon Freedom Festival Sale: Discount Offers On Camera, Laptops, Smart Watches, Tablets, And More
- Movies Discovery+ Announces Star-Studded Content Line-Up Featuring Sara Ali Khan, Ananya Panday & Others
- Sports India vs England, 1st Test Day 1 Highlights: Rohit-Rahul hold guard after Bumrah, Shami shine for visitors
- News Coronavirus: Tamil Nadu makes negative COVID-19 report must for those coming from Kerala
- Finance RBI New Rule- Be Extra Careful When Issuing Cheque For Payment Or Else Bear Penalty
- Education List Of Fake Universities 2021 Declared By UGC: Check Statewise List Of 24 Fake Universities
- Lifestyle Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Make It An Accessories Day With Discounted Bags And Sunglasses
- Travel Best Places To Visit In North India In September
Mahindra's next big launch is the XUV700. A recent media report revealed that the company might launch the new SUV on August 15, Indian Independence day. The company is yet to confirm the launch date officially.
Mahindra unveiled the new-generation Thar on Independence day last year. This year, they might look to do the same with the most anticipated SUV from the brand, the XUV700.
The company has been teasing various features of the XUV700 for a couple of weeks now. However, a launch date is yet to be confirmed by the company.
The XUV700 will be a larger version of the XUV500, with a lot more technology, performance and features. However, some of the design cues on the XUV700 will be borrowed from the XUV500's Cheetah-inspired design.
Regarding the teaser, the latest one revealed by Mahindra is the Driver Drowsiness Detection. This particular feature uses sensors to monitor the driver's behaviour while driving. If the driver is closing eyes or has not given any steering input, the vehicle will alert the driver with a vibrating steering wheel and possibly even a chime.
Similarly, other features teased by the company include:
- Flush door handles with call-out function
- Personalized safety alerts
- 'Skyroof' panoramic sunroof
- Auto headlamp intensity booster
Apart from the above set of features, the XUV700's party pice is expected to be a full-fledged Level 1 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), which could include features such as radar-guided cruise control, park assist and more.
Mahindra is also expected to make changes under the bonnet. This includes the 2.0-litre turbo petrol producing around 200bhp and the 2.2-litre turbo diesel churning out 185bhp. Both engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options and possibly with paddle shifters.
As mentioned before, the exterior styling of the XUV700 will be similar to the XUV500. However, due to the larger footprint, there will be a host of changes on the outside of the SUV. This includes a new grille, bumpers, and fog lamp housing. The headlamps and taillamps units will be all-new as well.
The Mahindra XUV700 is expected to be priced starting at Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the likes of the Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus and the Hyundai Alcazar.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 India Launch Expected On August 15
The upcoming Mahindra XUV700 will be the brand's most advanced product offering in its line-up. The company is expected to pack the SUV with a long list of features and equipment that will cater to the current trend of connected technology. Additionally, the XUV700 is also expected to be the most powerful SUV in its class as well.