- Movies Tiger 3: Here Is What The Rumoured Antagonist Of The Film Emraan Hashmi Has To Say About The Movie
- News Lakhimpur Kheri violence: Union minister's son, Ashish Mishra, remanded in police custody again
- Finance Paytm Gets Nod for Rs. 16,600 Crore IPO By SEBI
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Sports India vs England 5th Test 2022: New Date, Venue; final match to be played during India's limited-overs tour
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- Technology Oppo Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers Oppo Smartphones
Mahindra's next big launch is the XUV700. A recent media report revealed that the company might launch the new SUV on August 15, Indian Independence day. The company is yet to confirm the launch date officially.
Mahindra unveiled the new-generation Thar on Independence day last year. This year, they might look to do the same with the most anticipated SUV from the brand, the XUV700.
The company has been teasing various features of the XUV700 for a couple of weeks now. However, a launch date is yet to be confirmed by the company.
The XUV700 will be a larger version of the XUV500, with a lot more technology, performance and features. However, some of the design cues on the XUV700 will be borrowed from the XUV500's Cheetah-inspired design.
Regarding the teaser, the latest one revealed by Mahindra is the Driver Drowsiness Detection. This particular feature uses sensors to monitor the driver's behaviour while driving. If the driver is closing eyes or has not given any steering input, the vehicle will alert the driver with a vibrating steering wheel and possibly even a chime.
Similarly, other features teased by the company include:
- Flush door handles with call-out function
- Personalized safety alerts
- 'Skyroof' panoramic sunroof
- Auto headlamp intensity booster
Apart from the above set of features, the XUV700's party pice is expected to be a full-fledged Level 1 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), which could include features such as radar-guided cruise control, park assist and more.
Mahindra is also expected to make changes under the bonnet. This includes the 2.0-litre turbo petrol producing around 200bhp and the 2.2-litre turbo diesel churning out 185bhp. Both engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options and possibly with paddle shifters.
As mentioned before, the exterior styling of the XUV700 will be similar to the XUV500. However, due to the larger footprint, there will be a host of changes on the outside of the SUV. This includes a new grille, bumpers, and fog lamp housing. The headlamps and taillamps units will be all-new as well.
The Mahindra XUV700 is expected to be priced starting at Rs 20 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the likes of the Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus and the Hyundai Alcazar.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 India Launch Expected On August 15
The upcoming Mahindra XUV700 will be the brand's most advanced product offering in its line-up. The company is expected to pack the SUV with a long list of features and equipment that will cater to the current trend of connected technology. Additionally, the XUV700 is also expected to be the most powerful SUV in its class as well.