- 7 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 9 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 9 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Technology Week 19, 2021 Launch Roundup: HONOR MagicBook X 14, HONOR Pad X7, OPPO K9 5G, Vivo Y52s And More
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Mahindra introduced its all-new Thar SUV in India last year. The new Mahindra Thar has gone on to become an extremely popular offering, with high demand in the country. The SUV now demands a long waiting period as Mahindra is working overtime to ensure customer deliveries are being met.
However, Rushlane reports that Mahindra has been suffering from a shortage of parts and accessories. According to the report, Mahindra Thar SUVs are being shipped to company dealerships without their infotainment unit and music system. The missing parts will reportedly be installed at a dealer-level, once received.
Reports suggest that the shortage of touchscreen infotainment units could be because of the global shortage of microprocessors. This means, customers waiting for their Thar SUV, might have to wait a little bit longer. Even though Mahindra has shipped the SUV to its dealerships, it will be stored at their stockyard. Deliveries of such SUVs will not be done until the missing parts have been installed.
The infotainment system on the Thar SUV, comes in the form of a seven-inch touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionalities. It also comes with in-built navigation and the brand's BlueSense app connectivity.
Reiterating the variants and specs of the Mahindra Thar, the SUV is offered in two main trims: AX and LX. Both variants are further offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The other is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine producing 130bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The AX variant of the Thar comes with a six-speed manual gearbox as standard on both engines. The LX trim, however, offers an optional six-speed torque-converter unit on both engines choices.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Spotted Without Infotainment Systems At Dealerships
Mahindra seems to be facing a stiff challenge in terms of meeting its rising demands for the Thar SUV in the Indian market. While most auto component manufacturers have recovered to pre-COVID production numbers, there are still a few who seem to be lagging behind.