- 7 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT Cup; More Affordable Than One Might Imagine
- 13 hrs ago BMW C 400 GT Teaser Video Released; Comes With 34 Bhp 350cc Engine
- 17 hrs ago New Honda BR-V Revealed; Comes With ADAS And Many Other Advanced Features
- 20 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Style Variant Gets Updated; Kushaq Style Variant Now Receives 6 Airbags & TPMS
- Finance 4 Auto and Auto Ancillaries Stocks Doubled Investors Money In 2021
- Education Kerala Plus One Allotment Result 2021 Released At vhscap.kerala.gov.in
- News Narendra Giri death: It’s not his handwriting in suicide note, claims Niranjani Akhara chief
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2021: Rock Bottom Prices On Smartwatches From Fitbit, Garmin
- Sports Naomi Osaka withdraws from Indian Wells after US Open collapse
- Movies Sunny Full Movie Leaked Online For Free Download In HD Quality
- Lifestyle Chitrangda Looks Graceful In Her White Suit Look And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- Travel 7 Amazing Indian Beaches For Families
Mahindra introduced its all-new Thar SUV in India last year. The new Mahindra Thar has gone on to become an extremely popular offering, with high demand in the country. The SUV now demands a long waiting period as Mahindra is working overtime to ensure customer deliveries are being met.
However, Rushlane reports that Mahindra has been suffering from a shortage of parts and accessories. According to the report, Mahindra Thar SUVs are being shipped to company dealerships without their infotainment unit and music system. The missing parts will reportedly be installed at a dealer-level, once received.
Reports suggest that the shortage of touchscreen infotainment units could be because of the global shortage of microprocessors. This means, customers waiting for their Thar SUV, might have to wait a little bit longer. Even though Mahindra has shipped the SUV to its dealerships, it will be stored at their stockyard. Deliveries of such SUVs will not be done until the missing parts have been installed.
The infotainment system on the Thar SUV, comes in the form of a seven-inch touchscreen display with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay functionalities. It also comes with in-built navigation and the brand's BlueSense app connectivity.
Reiterating the variants and specs of the Mahindra Thar, the SUV is offered in two main trims: AX and LX. Both variants are further offered with a choice of petrol and diesel engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 300Nm of peak torque. The other is a 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine producing 130bhp and 320Nm of peak torque.
The AX variant of the Thar comes with a six-speed manual gearbox as standard on both engines. The LX trim, however, offers an optional six-speed torque-converter unit on both engines choices.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Spotted Without Infotainment Systems At Dealerships
Mahindra seems to be facing a stiff challenge in terms of meeting its rising demands for the Thar SUV in the Indian market. While most auto component manufacturers have recovered to pre-COVID production numbers, there are still a few who seem to be lagging behind.