- 1 min ago BharatBenz Introduces Eight New CVs To Its Product Lineup: Here Are The Details
- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Production Prototype Images Released: Here Are All The Details Ahead Of Its World Premiere
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago 2021 Triumph Speed Triple 1200RS Globally Unveiled Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details
- Movies Kangana Ranaut Reacts To Violence At Protesting Farmers' Tractor Rally: Did My Best To Avoid This But I Failed
- Sports BCCI president Sourav Ganguly in hospital again weeks after surgery
- Technology Amazon Upto 70% Off On Boat Headphones, Speakers, Home Theaters And More
- News Tandav makers fail to get Supreme Court’s protection from arrest
- Finance Route Mobile Up 100% Since Listing As FPIs Up Stake
- Lifestyle Rasika Dugal And Kirti Kulhari Have Flared Dress Goals For Us And Styling Lessons Too!
- Education JNVST Admit Card 2021 Released For Class 9 Lateral Entry Selection Test
- Travel Experiential Travel: 13-Year-old Sohan Raghuram Writes About His Unique Trip To Goa
Mahindra has updated the price list of its new-generation Thar SUV in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Thar prices have now been hiked between Rs 20,000 and Rs 40,000, across all variants.
The Mahindra Thar is available in two broad trim levels: AX and LX. Both trims are further offered in a range of variants, with different powertrain and roof options(hardtop and convertible tops). The Mahindra Thar now comes with a new starting price of Rs 12.10 lakh; an increase of Rs 20,000 from the previous price of Rs 11.90 lakh.
The top-spec variant of the Mahindra Thar is now priced at Rs 14.15 lakh, compared to the previous Rs 13.75 lakh; which is a hike of Rs 40,000. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Here are the new variant-wise prices of the Mahindra Thar:
|Variant||New Price||Old Price|
|AX (O) Petrol MT CT||Rs12,10,337||Rs11,90,000|
|AX (O) Diesel MT CT||Rs12,30,337||Rs12,10,000|
|AX (O) Diesel MT HT||Rs12,40,337||Rs12,20,000|
|LX Petrol MT HT||Rs12,79,337||Rs12,49,000|
|LX Diesel MT CT||Rs13,15,336||Rs12,85,000|
|LX Diesel MT HT||Rs13,25,337||Rs12,95,000|
|LX Petrol AT CT||Rs13,85,337||Rs13,45,000|
|LX Petrol AT HT||Rs13,95,336||Rs13,55,000|
|LX Diesel AT CT||Rs14,05,336||Rs13,65,000|
|LX Diesel AT HT||Rs14,15,338||Rs13,75,000|
Note: All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
CT: Convertible Top & HT: HardTop
Apart from the price hike, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar. The SUV was introduced in the Indian market late last year and has been received extremely well. The new Mahindra Thar comes with a refreshed design, with much larger dimensions, new features, modern styling and stronger engine options; making it a more attractive offering.
The Thar as mentioned before, is now available either as a premium lifestyle SUV with the ‘LX' trim, while the ‘AX' trim is more oriented towards the off-road enthusiasts. However, all trims offer excellent off-road capabilities, carrying forward the legacy of the older generation model.
The new Mahindra Thar is also offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine on offer churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission units. The SUV also comes with a ‘shift-on-fly' four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Price Hike
The Mahindra Thar is one of the most iconic off-road SUVs offered in the Indian market. The SUV has garnered a lot of demand in the Indian market and rivals the likes of upcoming Force Gurkha.