- 14 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- News ED files money laundering case against former Maharashtra home minister Anil Deshmukh
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Mahindra has updated the price list of its new-generation Thar SUV in the Indian market. The new Mahindra Thar prices have now been hiked between Rs 20,000 and Rs 40,000, across all variants.
The Mahindra Thar is available in two broad trim levels: AX and LX. Both trims are further offered in a range of variants, with different powertrain and roof options(hardtop and convertible tops). The Mahindra Thar now comes with a new starting price of Rs 12.10 lakh; an increase of Rs 20,000 from the previous price of Rs 11.90 lakh.
The top-spec variant of the Mahindra Thar is now priced at Rs 14.15 lakh, compared to the previous Rs 13.75 lakh; which is a hike of Rs 40,000. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). Here are the new variant-wise prices of the Mahindra Thar:
|Variant||New Price||Old Price|
|AX (O) Petrol MT CT||Rs12,10,337||Rs11,90,000|
|AX (O) Diesel MT CT||Rs12,30,337||Rs12,10,000|
|AX (O) Diesel MT HT||Rs12,40,337||Rs12,20,000|
|LX Petrol MT HT||Rs12,79,337||Rs12,49,000|
|LX Diesel MT CT||Rs13,15,336||Rs12,85,000|
|LX Diesel MT HT||Rs13,25,337||Rs12,95,000|
|LX Petrol AT CT||Rs13,85,337||Rs13,45,000|
|LX Petrol AT HT||Rs13,95,336||Rs13,55,000|
|LX Diesel AT CT||Rs14,05,336||Rs13,65,000|
|LX Diesel AT HT||Rs14,15,338||Rs13,75,000|
CT: Convertible Top & HT: HardTop
Apart from the price hike, no other changes have been made to the Mahindra Thar. The SUV was introduced in the Indian market late last year and has been received extremely well. The new Mahindra Thar comes with a refreshed design, with much larger dimensions, new features, modern styling and stronger engine options; making it a more attractive offering.
The Thar as mentioned before, is now available either as a premium lifestyle SUV with the ‘LX' trim, while the ‘AX' trim is more oriented towards the off-road enthusiasts. However, all trims offer excellent off-road capabilities, carrying forward the legacy of the older generation model.
The new Mahindra Thar is also offered with a choice of two engine options. This includes a 2.0-litre mStallion turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 320Nm of peak torque. There is also the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine on offer churning out 130bhp and 300Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission units. The SUV also comes with a ‘shift-on-fly' four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Thoughts On The Mahindra Thar Price Hike
The Mahindra Thar is one of the most iconic off-road SUVs offered in the Indian market. The SUV has garnered a lot of demand in the Indian market and rivals the likes of upcoming Force Gurkha.